Aftermarket dash kit for 2012 ford focus

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rage8725

I am looking to get a sound system soon, but my friends brought up a concern to me. They were saying i would have to get a new head unit but with the way my console is set up i would have to get an aftermarket dash kit, which is about 150$ on carid.com. Is this really necessary or are they wrong? Thanks for any help!

By system what do you mean? A sub and thats it? Because if so no you dont meed a dadh kit and all that and a dsp. Sure itll be nice but you dont NEED it. An lc2i tapped into the rear speakers if they are full range will do the job.

By system what do you mean? A sub and thats it? Because if so no you dont meed a dadh kit and all that and a dsp. Sure itll be nice but you dont NEED it. An lc2i tapped into the rear speakers if they are full range will do the job.
yea I was just going for a simple double 12" subs and possibly upgrade my speakers in the future.

Yes that, and the $100 harness adapter, and your HU
Thanks so much for the help man. Just in case i decide to spend the extra money can you give me a link to the harness adapt please? Thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I tried finding one but theres alot of options with your car so idk which you need, do you have the sony stereo? 4 or 6 speakers? But if its a 2012 doesnt it have sync and all that fancy stuff? I dont think its recommended to change the staereo because it uses all that with the ecu doesnt it?

I tried finding one but theres alot of options with your car so idk which you need, do you have the sony stereo? 4 or 6 speakers? But if its a 2012 doesnt it have sync and all that fancy stuff? I dont think its recommended to change the staereo because it uses all that with the ecu doesnt it?
yea it has the sync feature and its just the basic stereo, not Sony, and 4 speakers. I could always go to my local auto shop and see what they say. I just wanted to see my options before i head down there without at least some knowledge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.