Advice on new 6.5 front speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rabarberboi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my 6.5 OEM speakers in the front for a new set and amp them with a soundstream amp.

I am not installing a sub so I really want some good mid bass. I also like a warm sound and not harsh/bright.

Also looking to spend max 300 euro.

Does anyone have recommendations what to do? Get a compo or buy everything seperate and what brand.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my 6.5 OEM speakers in the front for a new set and amp them with a soundstream amp.

I am not installing a sub so I really want some good mid bass. I also like a warm sound and not harsh/bright.

Also looking to spend max 300 euro.

Does anyone have recommendations what to do? Get a compo or buy everything seperate and what brand.

Thanks in advance!
Alpine Type R are pretty nice and should be available in Europe. Focal is a French company so you may not get beat too bad on taxes with them, but they're also a premium brand so even their "entry level" may still be priced out of your budget. Pretty sure you can also buy JL in Europe. After you get out of their lowest lines I've always thought their components sound nice.

All that said, your results will be largely install dependent. If you can put some work into sealing and sound deadening your doors and finding a good mounting angle for the tweeter (test before you mount permanently!) you can get good sound out of even average equipment. Just so, the greatest equipment in poorly prepared or planned locations will never sound very good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...