Advanced design advice for 6th order?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CanariCaddy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all!

I'm new here and looking for some advanced pointers/tips/advice on my 6th order wall build.

vehicle: 2013 VW caddy cargo maxi
Woofers: 8 excursion ssx 15 D2 (1500RMS each)
Power: 2 excursion HXA20K at .5 ohms each (hopefully around 24KW RMS)
Enclosure type: 6th order
Rear tuning: 24hz
Rear net vol. : about 960L
Front tuning: T.B.D. (around 50-55)
Front net vol.: about 720L

So now the questions 😳:
- Will there be a big difference in the woofers "loading" against eachother (thus giving different excursions)? Compared to the ones who are on an angle? Inside of Baffle - > wall = 34cm wooferface -> wooferface = 40cm

- Will the angled part act like a flanged port end?

- Will this design result in any gain for the low frequenties.

WinISD can only account for so much and building a 6th order or a wall for that matter is new for me. All volumes and port length are based of what winISD has put out. Any help is much appreciated

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PICTURE OF MY DESIGN 😊

Attachments

• received_2580448535582063.jpeg
    received_2580448535582063.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 107
Contact @Buck he can design it for you.
Thank you for your quick response.
And yes haha, I tought that might come up since scouting through these threads his name is everywhere wich is awesome btw. Great reputation I asume 😊

But imho one of the most interesting and most fun parts of car audio is the learning experience and the building. So I would love to understand everything and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...