AcidikBass20's Build Log

what kind of ass backwards cutting style is this
DSC01113.jpg
Well, in his defense, the wood can fall and split. But, you don't cut like that. EVER.

Also, electrical tape looming the wires together? That's fine for the install, but if that's there for the final product, that's WHACK.

And the placement of the box makes me want to punch a baby to distract myself from the pain my brain is causing me.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif i had high hopes for this project. Kinda Disappointing.

Definately not enough time and build quality invested in this install as there should have been. for the equipment, you should have done much better.

Why is your box in your back seat like that?

Looks like you just tossed it all in to see if it would play. Horrible job IMHO! All that money in some top notch stuff and it looks like that?

Sorry mang, just would redo the entire setup.

Not sure. I was working in the front. Chris Norris was workin in the back. I'm sure he did. Don't win 5 world championships without knowing what your doing...i hope.
I like your amp and battery set up BUT Chris Norris should know better then to run that power caple through an un-grommeted hole like that. Definitely not safe and if he took short cuts, shame on him.

Also, he should help you get rid of that noise.

Why is your box in your back seat like that?
Looks like you just tossed it all in to see if it would play. Horrible job IMHO! All that money in some top notch stuff and it looks like that?

Sorry mang, just would redo the entire setup.

I was distracted by the grommet-less holes. That crap all over it isn't going to do anything to protect it. Seriously, pull the cable out, make the holes bigger, install grommets and reinstall.

I thought the box in the back seat was temporary too, just for testing. But I guess not.

The back seat is pretty much useless anyway, just build a half wall back there and be done with it..

I was distracted by the grommet-less holes. That crap all over it isn't going to do anything to protect it. Seriously, pull the cable out, make the holes bigger, install grommets and reinstall.

I thought the box in the back seat was temporary too, just for testing. But I guess not.

The back seat is pretty much useless anyway, just build a half wall back there and be done with it..

If the batts and amps were installed in a better manner, there would be room to build an enclosure in the trunk. Batts could be placed on the perimeter of the trunk on either side and amps could have been placed in a rack incorporated into the enclosure design.

Another promising build gone wrong.
x2, I was hoping for alot when I notice this build this morning. Im not going over everything wrong because most has been addressed. However,

That sub setup just sittin in the rear is just wrong. You could have a half wall build with your subs that would have giving them the proper air space and port area, (which im sure they need) and it would have looked 100 times better and prob sounded better as well.

The wiring/ firewall issue is a accident waiting to happen, please address that asap.

And finally, since the subs final load was 2ohm each, your seriously wasting money running that second 3000d. I know about headroom but thats ridiculous. One of those amps running at 1 ohm would have been plenty of power for those subs and required less space and upgrades.

Overall, nice idea, poor execution. Good luck with it.

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

No

If your going to use a standard drill bit to punch holes with and run POWER WIRE through METAL, please use grommets. I don't want to see all this equipment get burnt to the ground.

This has potential to be a great install. Why you wouldn't bother to clean everything up when you have a shop and people helping you I have no idea. Please take this as constructive critisizm. I'm not talking bad on you I just want to see everything take shape and look good

lol ya i mentiod the holes in the first reply when i saw it i was like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

OP don't take my criticism as a bad thing, i think you have made some good purchases. If you will address the things mentioned, you are gonna have a safe/reliable and loud azz setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.