AB XFL with AQ dustcap? whaaaa?

Forum member bought 2 for a build. Changed his mind before he even got them in the mail. I bought one off him. It was about 2 years ago. But I believe the two came from you.
The person I bought it from was Stephens Guy in my sig. As far as I know though he never laid hands on it. Everything was properly sealed and nothing stood out to me as odd about this one, have bought 3 new over the last 2-3 years.
I'll have to ask bob about this. Trust I will to

My question is, why would you be advised to "check for a problem with the secondary dustcap"... Seems like they knew it was an issue

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering if he paid more for a cheaper sub or did he get a deal by paying less for a better sub? ****** anyway not getting what you should have unless they are the same company. i did not know they used the same build house and same basket, same magnet, same cone. sorry im not up on every companies build techniques.

When did AQ switch to SQ? I am wondering if the buildhouse had a lot of AQ branded subs left that were built up and since they're pretty much/are identical to the AQ subs decided to slap AB dustcaps on them so they didn't just sit around.

just wondering if he paid more for a cheaper sub or did he get a deal by paying less for a better sub? ****** anyway not getting what you should have unless they are the same company. i did not know they used the same build house and same basket, same magnet, same cone. sorry im not up on every companies build techniques.
If I remember correctly I paid 185 shipped for the sub. It could be a Pyle knockoff for all I care with how well it performed and the price.

When did AQ switch to SQ? I am wondering if the buildhouse had a lot of AQ branded subs left that were built up and since they're pretty much/are identical to the AQ subs decided to slap AB dustcaps on them so they didn't just sit around.

i was not trying to be a **** or anything. i am just curious. sounds like the op is cool with the sound he got.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.