AB XFL with AQ dustcap? whaaaa?

That's not a AQ/Soundqubed sub. Not our motor, basket or spider pack. Just from looking at the pictures it looks like someone reconed a AB sub and put one of our old AQ dustcaps on it and later covered it with the AB dustcap. The glue job on the dustcaps don't look like they were done at the factory but more like a sloppy recone job.

dj

That's not a AQ/Soundqubed sub. Not our motor, basket or spider pack. Just from looking at the pictures it looks like someone reconed a AB sub and put one of our old AQ dustcaps on it and later covered it with the AB dustcap. The glue job on the dustcaps don't look like they were done at the factory but more like a sloppy recone job.
dj
Do you and bob use the same build house?

I don't know for sure but I think he has his HD's built there. I know our motors and suspensions are different. We use American built coils on our aluminum coils.

The recone talk got me thinking. I've always known the holes on the surround didn't line up very well. Don't know if it means anything, never really thought much about it.

Popped my motor boot off for the first time. Dried glue all over.

Not sure if these mean anything. Because as far as I "know" I have never owned a reconed subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.