A few questions about subwoofers and amp options...

CREATURE58

So I posted two weeks ago about an amp and subs that i recently bought. It was two Pioneer TS-W304R's, Ts-a6995r 6x9's and a Pyle Pla4278. The subs are rated at 1300 watts max and 300 nominal. The 6x9's are rated at 100W Nominal, 600W Max. The amp is rated at 2000 watts, 500 per channel. I got feedback on the wattage numbers for the amp through my last post so I know that the watts arent true. So my dilemma is this...

1. My friend gave me a Pyle PLA4478 thats rated at 1000 watts per channel, 4 channels in total. Should I use this amp with the subs and 6x9's i mentioned above?

2. The other option I have is I can get a pair of two Pioneer TS-W3003D4. They are rated at 2000 watt max and 600 nominal. Will the First or second amp be enough to power them? Remember I am also connecting the 6x9's as well.

So the one rated for more will do less? Thats odd
Its Pyle. Look at the fuse rating on them. Multiply that by 10 then divide it by 4 than divide that by half and it will give you a idea of the power per channel. Than consider its Pyle and thats likely overrated a bit also

I see so is this done for every amp?
What do you mean? You can get close with the fuse rating on any amp. Some amps dont have fuses so its best to just ask before buying. Ask people that know like here not a shop that only knows about what they carry and sell

Ok I see. On another note if I get a Boss mono amp AR3000D and I hook it up to the two Pioneer TS-W3003D4's how would I wire? The subs are DVC's. Here is the specs on the amp...

RMS Power Rating: 4 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

Max Power Rating: 2 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan, 1 ohms: 3000 watts x 1 chan.

Strapped, 2 ohms: 6000 watts

Ok I see. On another note if I get a Boss mono amp AR3000D and I hook it up to the two Pioneer TS-W3003D4's how would I wire? The subs are DVC's. Here is the specs on the amp...RMS Power Rating: 4 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

Max Power Rating: 2 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan, 1 ohms: 3000 watts x 1 chan.

Strapped, 2 ohms: 6000 watts
Your sub is DVC 4 ohms, so wire the VCs in parallel to 2 ohms. BUT, I hope you realize that Boss amp will only put about 600w into a 2 ohm load (if you are lucky). Boss does not spec their amps to industry standards AND they are very low quality amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.