a couple of questions

Well if 1000 is max, then RMS(continuous power) is calculated as .707 of the max rating. So, your amp is APPROXIMATELY capable of about 770W of RMS power. That's not including impedences and voltages and all that. But probably around 700W estimated.

Drummerboy I dunno who taught you abtou math or anything but rms would be approximately one third of the full power. So you are only looking between 300-350 watts RMS.

well a fosgate 1000.1 puts out well over 1000w rms....they tend to underrate the amps...so most likely it puts out 1100w rms....to set the gain properly you first need to set it all the way down....then hook everything up...turn your sterio up to about 3/4 or your normal listening volume....and then turn the gain up very slowly till you start to hear distortion then back it down a bit...the gain would then be set properly for those speakers at the normal volume u lsiten to it at

Fosgate underrates their amps? Since when? LOL I have NEVER seen a fosgate amp that was underrated and to this day still have not. Check your stats on the amps before you try to post them because it will get caught.

In actuallity: I have never seen an amp that wasn't overrated.

I've only ever heard stories about amps that are underrated. Most of the amps i've used only actually acheive about 80-90% of their total rating. eg. A 1000watt amp puts out about 800-900 watts max.

Originally posted by Steven In actuallity: I have never seen an amp that wasn't overrated.

I've only ever heard stories about amps that are underrated. Most of the amps i've used only actually acheive about 80-90% of their total rating. eg. A 1000watt amp puts out about 800-900 watts max.
Take a look at an Orion amp? Particularly the HCCA line tho most all of them are rated pretty much at their RMS or above even!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.