99 Tahoe, ipad, fiberglass, sundown, etc..

I've been very sick the past few days but still made a little bit of progress
Fuckin seat got me as I was taking it out

DSC_0495_zpsb03bc17b.jpg

I'm taking out all of the interior to dye the carpet black, deaden and spray foam the roof, sorry I don't have more pics, being sick *****. Updates coming soon though
It just isn't a build without blood is it?

Sweet, Too bad your not closer so I could give ya a hand. Me n Robert may be taking a trip out to Dallas this weekend to pick up 2 18" TSNS for his lancer
Wish you could lend me a hand too, sheit lol

definitely puttin in work i see

Hellz yeah bro.. I'm gettin close now.

Nice alt.. haha
550338_568081559888958_1951365922_n.jpg
Nice. Lol bet I paid less for mine though(;

Can't give up my AC through fvck that.. You don't need it though I got fam in Duluth right off Lake Superior.. Don't ever need AC up there, where'd you get the bracket, though?

Wish you could lend me a hand too, sheit lol

Hellz yeah bro.. I'm gettin close now.

Nice. Lol bet I paid less for mine though(;

Can't give up my AC through fvck that.. You don't need it though I got fam in Duluth right off Lake Superior.. Don't ever need AC up there, where'd you get the bracket, though?
Wanna bet?? Haha, how much did you pay for it? I got mine on the cheap also.. My truck never had ac since I got it, it was already disconnected cuz they were tearing the motor apart. If it still worked I would have left it, I may put it back on tho.. Made the bracket at home, wasn't too hard to do. Used the stock belt and since ac was already disconnected wasn't a big deal to me haha

Wanna bet?? Haha, how much did you pay for it? I got mine on the cheap also.. My truck never had ac since I got it, it was already disconnected cuz they were tearing the motor apart. If it still worked I would have left it, I may put it back on tho.. Made the bracket at home, wasn't too hard to do. Used the stock belt and since ac was already disconnected wasn't a big deal to me haha
I paid 340 shipped for mine, was lightly used.

And niiice. You gonna fab up a dual alt bracket to save the AC? If you do do me know ill buy one from you

I paid 340 shipped for mine, was lightly used.
And niiice. You gonna fab up a dual alt bracket to save the AC? If you do do me know ill buy one from you
I got mine quite a bit cheaper than that, but I think it was a little more than lightly used haha.. But it still does work.. I paid 200 shipped for it. I had to make some new spacers for the mounting cuz someone modified it for another vehicle. Is yours the 270?

Ya what I want to do is put the ac back in place and build a dual alt bracket right next to the ac, I have seen a few setups like that for these motors. Hopefully not too hard to make. Ill see what I can come up with tho.

I got mine quite a bit cheaper than that, but I think it was a little more than lightly used haha.. But it still does work.. I paid 200 shipped for it. I had to make some new spacers for the mounting cuz someone modified it for another vehicle. Is yours the 270?
Ya what I want to do is put the ac back in place and build a dual alt bracket right next to the ac, I have seen a few setups like that for these motors. Hopefully not too hard to make. Ill see what I can come up with tho.
$200 shipped.... Wow....

And yeah I got the 270, let me know what you do end up coming up with I'm definitely considering running two

if you can steal someones DC alt bracket, they make one off the AC
That would be lovely lol

BIG BIG update coming tomorrow. Got the sub stage playing today, lets just say my roof looks like jelly.. Lolol

Pictures and videos coming tomorrow

Ya I almost didn't even THINK about it when I saw it.. Saw it posted and asked him to hold it for me to put money in my account the next day and snatched it up.. Its got an extra hole in it in the mounting tabs.. I know its been passed around cuz I know at least two others have owned it before me on the forums, and I believe at least one more, if not more haha..

Have a question/favor if you don't mind. When you're vehicle is cold (not been running for a while) and if you start it up, start pounding on your system for a minute or two and then feel the alt, is it warm/hot?? I did this twice now, just start it up and pound it for a minute, not even driving it and the dc is pretty **** hot.. while my stock one while be COLD.. Maybe its just how they work but just curious..

Would be sweet if someone had a bracket to copy.. The one I want to make adds two alts next to the ac, then you have your stock alt location for a total of three. I have seen the same thing but with just one next to the ac. I think that would be fairly easy to make. I have been collection pics from all over of brackets for these motors.. its weird that dc or anyone else doesn't post brackets for these motors, jus the 2000 and newer 5.3's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.