WACK sounding setup ... think its mainly my speakers ... help ?

skwidstyle

ok so i have a pioneer deh older decent quality deck with a 7 band parametric (not one of the cheaper ones avail. at walmart). it sounded pretty decent just hooked up to 2 mid to low quality punch 40 watt rms coaxials in front doors & 2 mid quality alpine 80 watt rms in rear doors. now i hooked up a jbl gto 4 channel that pushes 80 watts rms to each of the 4 channels at 4 ohms, which all speakers are 4 ohms (100 watts/channel rms at 2 ohms). at first, it honestly sounded no "louder" at all, basically the same. i set the gains with the tone cd to where they are green for both front & rear. after about 2-3 days, the "loudness" or volume still sounds identical to just the power from the deck itself, yet even at lower volumes the highs just hurt my ears.

... now from what i have gathered, i believe that higher quality speakers with a 93-95 db rating (both sets of current speakers are 88db) would make a noticable difference in volume & sound clarity & would get what i expected out of that amp. my question is am i right in my way of thinking, that replacing the speakers will in fact give me the sound i was expecting from the amp? i was looking into replacing all 4 speakers with either INFINITY KAPPA 62.11i 6.5" - RMS Power Handling: 5-75 watts

Impedance: 2 ohms

Frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz

Sensitivity: 95 dB

... OR... HERTZ® ECX-165 6.5"

Sensitivity: 93dB/SPL

Power handling: 140W Peak / 70W RMS

Frequency Response: 60Hz-23kHz

Impedence: 4 ohm

... opinions? facts even better from those who know?

thanks for the reply stating that i'm in the wrong section ... so do you have the courtesy to show or tell, someone like me who obviously is lost & in the wrong section according to you, what the proper section is ? or do you just enjoy telling people how wrong they are in whatever it may be ? hey ... just asking!!! ya know, since your reply basically fits the description of uhmmm.... how i described it ... ???

thanks for the reply stating that i'm in the wrong section ... so do you have the courtesy to show or tell, someone like me who obviously is lost & in the wrong section according to you, what the proper section is ? or do you just enjoy telling people how wrong they are in whatever it may be ? hey ... just asking!!! ya know, since your reply basically fits the description of uhmmm.... how i described it ... ???
No he just had nothing better in life going on so he thought he would troll

Unfortunately I don't really have any expirence with 4 channels. But maybe you have the speakers wired wrong or out of phase? Or maybe you have a bad rca connection for some reason

i have decided, no matter the reason (heck maybe it sounds great to someone else lol...) to go forth with replacing the front cheapo punch coaxials as a start, as the alpine rears are actually pretty decent speakers (the 88db i do think is a little low but i mean they're not bad). which would you recommend out of the 2 i have posted ... & also would i notice a total step up in sound if i just went with HERTZ HCX-165's, taking into consideration i find out for sure my amp IS in fact setup properly & working properly ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.