8" Concealed sub and amp setup - Advice

Caddac

Toronto
So I own a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I have a Tuffy Security center console with the speaker port and so I'm going to build an enclosure and mount an 8" sub inside of it, and then mount a mono amp under the seat so that everything is concealed to avoid theft with the soft top on. I currently have a Pioneer DEH-X8500BS deck already installed from my previous car, as well as a pair of inexpensive Pioneer speakers in the soundbar. I was looking to get speakers for the dash as well so this is what I was looking to purchase:

Kicker 40CWD84 8" Sub - $129.99

JVC KS-AX3201D Mono Amp - $169.99

Kicker 40CS464 4x6 Speakers - $89.99

Metra 71-050 Speaker Wiring Adapters - Free

Metra 82-1011 Speaker Mounting Brackets - Free

Just wondering what you guys thought

The price isn't what is effecting me though, I need to be able to mount the amp to the bottom of the seat. I needed something small. That Alpine also isn't available from any retailers in my area. I'm in Toronto. Almost no local retailers carry any 8" subs. All of those prices were from Crutchfield.ca

The ppi 650.1 is REALLY small. Or a rockford fosgate. You dont need much power so theres alot of small amps thatll fit under your seat. But yes im sure gettig stuff up there is alot more complicated than here. See if you can find the stuff on ebay or craigslost up there

Precision Power PPI i650.1

$119.99

Alpine SWR-8D4

$119.99

Shipping:

$39.13

Order Subtotal:

$239.98

Canadian Brokerage, Duties and Taxes:

$41.16

Shipping Fee:

$39.13

Grand Total:

$320.27

Approximate Total in Canadian Dollars*:

$409.01

Thats with the Alpine you mentioned. I've never heard of this website however so I don't know how comfortable I would be ordering from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have to keep the mounting depth in mind though, as it will be fitted within an enclosure I will have to build for my center console. It's the Tuffy Security Speaker Half Console for the TJ.

Or you can buy used on here in the classifieds but shipping to canada is expensive PLUS your customs fees. So id just find something from an online vendor

Interior Dimensions: 11"L x 6 1/2"W x 5 1/4"H

the sub has a 4-1/2′′ mounting depth. with the 3/4" panels of MDF making up the box, thats another 1.5". Leaves a 1/2" of leeway room, not 2" as most people like, but enough.

Interior Dimensions: 11"L x 6 1/2"W x 5 1/4"H
the sub has a 4-1/2′′ mounting depth. with the 3/4" panels of MDF making up the box, thats another 1.5". Leaves a 1/2" of leeway room, not 2" as most people like, but enough.
Rockford pbr 500

super tiny and packs a punch. (No pun)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.