6x8 speaker suggestion plz help

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyronekndrck
10+ year member

ok so i have 4 pioneer 3 way 6x8s in my 01 mustang with 2 bullet tweeters in the back and 2 mach sound tweeters in the front all ran to a 4 ch. amp. my music was loud and clear as hell until i just installed a sundown x18. i can no longer hear my music/ vocals, that thing is crazy loud. but anyway i dont think i tuned my amp for the door speakers wrong i think its time to upgrade to louder overall speakers. please any suggestions i need really loud speakers.

I say more power!!! What amp do u have to your pioneers? I've had pioneer 6x8s from Walmart in my 99 mountaineer ran on a Memphis 300x4.. It was loud and clean.. Kept up with a DD 9918 doing 147db

I say more power!!! What amp do u have to your pioneers? I've had pioneer 6x8s from Walmart in my 99 mountaineer ran on a Memphis 300x4.. It was loud and clean.. Kept up with a DD 9918 doing 147db
i have a auotek 1000 watt monoblock 4 ch. cant think of the model number. but i was lookin at JBL GTO8628, or set of Oxygen Audio SPIRAL680.2 someone said they were loud

I never said you're lying but I honestly needed to see it. Do you hear the tweeters you have but don't hear the voicals from the other speakers?
Yea my bass overpower the vocals and tweeters. I really don't want to sacrifice my bass and have to turn it down. I figured it's about time to upgrade my highs

Box size is 34x34 and 12 inches high. Spoon many people said it couldn't be done in any mustang but prove they never tried. Now the only downside I may have to downsize a bit so that my rear seats can fold up all the way because the box sticks out the rear about 4-5 inches to many

Sticking a 18 in 5 cubes don't mean you made it fit in that trunk.
I didn't just stick a 5 cube box in my trunk we built it to fit. so sir if you can suggest any loud 6x8 speakers for me to check out I'll appreciate it

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I have Rockford pro mids and they play pretty loud and sound clean doing it. You need power for them tho so I would start there
Thanks let me look into them

I have Rockford pro mids and they play pretty loud and sound clean doing it. You need power for them tho so I would start there

That's what I run also. 8 Rockford pro 6.5s with Polk db tweeters. It's so clean sounding. I had multiple ppl tell me my system was the cleanest sounding they ever heard at state finals last Sunday.

That's what I run also. 8 Rockford pro 6.5s with Polk db tweeters. It's so clean sounding. I had multiple ppl tell me my system was the cleanest sounding they ever heard at state finals last Sunday.
I just heard those polk db 6.5s today in person and yes there loud and clear as hell. Only thing there round I think I'll try to build a adapter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.