are these acceptable speakers for the $$

Participant count
  • Participant list
are these ok for the $$? My buddy has the same car as i, and im using his car as a test dummy for mine lol. these will be ran off a 4 channel amp approx 40wrms with external crossover.
JVC CS-HX649 350W 6.5" 4-Way HX Series Coaxial Car Speakers

if not what could you recommend in the price range? (4ohm)
junk speakers. I had jvc coaxials once when i was young, worse waste of money ever. Doesnt get loud, sounds like ****, overall **** Even on an amp, it sounded worse than my stock speakers and less loud. Find some used alpine type S coaxials or something if you want something even moderately bearable that gets decently loud.

In this price range you're looking at your basic drop-in replacements. We have a pair of Renegade 6.5s that we're closing out in that price range, but if you want something special you need to spend more money.

to be honest I think his stock speakers will sound 100% better than anything under 100 dollars new. Put an amp to them and you'll feel them come alive. I've amped many stock speakers and they always surprised me on how much better they improved and how much better they sound than cheap replacements.

to be honest I think his stock speakers will sound 100% better than anything under 100 dollars new. Put an amp to them and you'll feel them come alive. I've amped many stock speakers and they always surprised me on how much better they improved and how much better they sound than cheap replacements.
really? i always thought car manufactures put the cheapest **** they car afford to keep costs low.

this is what we currently have

2913d1250992412-replacing-factory-speakers-08-v-rear_door_speakers-22-.jpg

and the BS door we have to work with to mage a 6.5" fit:

speakeropening.jpg

Gotta cut the "bumps" out to allow a 6.5"

In this price range you're looking at your basic drop-in replacements. We have a pair of Renegade 6.5s that we're closing out in that price range, but if you want something special you need to spend more money.
Can you post the link for your proposal? im open to new speaker suggestions

Can you post the link for you proposal? i open to new speaker suggestions
Renegade RX62

Your job of installing any new speakers will be a lot easier with a pair of speaker brackets. We have those for the '07 CRV, as well as a Stinger sound deadener kit that will help make any speakers sound better. The brackets are $25, and if you take the Stinger Roadkill 4 sq ft kit as well I can make it an attractive package deal.

Renegade RX62Your job of installing any new speakers will be a lot easier with a pair of speaker brackets. We have those for the '07 CRV, as well as a Stinger sound deadener kit that will help make any speakers sound better. The brackets are $25, and if you take the Stinger Roadkill 4 sq ft kit as well I can make it an attractive package deal.
Thanks for the reply. ill def show him these speakers, but im not too sure he'll go for the brackets.. and we've already split on deadener. ill pm you if hes down.

Thanks for the reply. ill def show him these speakers, but im not too sure he'll go for the brackets.. and we've already split on deadener. ill pm you if hes down.
You'll want to make a proper seal and baffle to recreate the manufacturer's seal. Its Stock speakers are cheap speakers but they are properly installed and they match with the stock head unit's EQ curve.

You'll want to make a proper seal and baffle to recreate the manufacturer's seal. Its Stock speakers are cheap speakers but they are properly installed and they match with the stock head unit's EQ curve.
we both are sound deadening all outer/ and most inner wall of the door. we both figured 8 sq ft per door of deadner to solidify a makeshit box, whats baffle?

spacers will be made of 3/4" mdf router accordingly, and gasketed on both speaker, and door side.

we both are sound deadening all outer/ and most inner wall of the door. we both figured 8 sq ft per door of deadner to solidify a makeshit box, whats baffle?spacers will be made of 3/4" mdf router accordingly, and gasketed on both speaker, and door side.

Foam baffles that prevent sound from being stuck between the metal and plastic panel.

4 x Polk Audio DB651 6 5 inch 6 1 2" Car Marine Audio 2 Way Coaxial Speakers 047192112784 | eBay

I ran these temp, until I decided on what I really wanted up front ,still run in the rear, and they sound pretty dammned good for the monies/cheapies..had approx 50 rms on them, and did great..I did 100% deadening front and inner panel,and had to break out the Roto Zip to do some cutting..took me about two days on both doors, but was well worth deadening,and sounded pretty loud and clean for what they are..Decent speakers for the money..just another option, and from my experiencing them myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.