6th order

Participant count
  • Participants list
Smaller box and changing tuning. You're better off keeping it simple with a plain ported box and learning and developing experience until you can work around the trade offs of a 6th order.
I went ahead and modeled a box exactly how sundown recommends (2.5 cubes, 40 square inch port, tuned to 32) and that box was also peaky and had the same group delay curve (worst at tuning frequency). I was also reading online that group delay is almost impossible to notice by the listener. When you said the 6th would sound like **** did you mean that from an sq perspective or simply sounding like **** in general?

I went ahead and modeled a box exactly how sundown recommends (2.5 cubes, 40 square inch port, tuned to 32) and that box was also peaky and had the same group delay curve (worst at tuning frequency). I was also reading online that group delay is almost impossible to notice by the listener. When you said the 6th would sound like **** did you mean that from an sq perspective or simply sounding like **** in general?

You want group delay under 24 m/s, anything above that threshold will cause noticeable deterioration to sound quality (transient response.)

The high group delay coupled with 2 sharp peaks in the response curve makes for a design that will sound sloppy and boomy and could have cancellation issues depending on the resonances of your vehicle.

Ideally you want that response line as flat as possible unless you are chasing maximum output with a single note (spl).

Its ok to have a peak in the curve, most designs are that way but you dont want multiple sharp peaks close together, that will just degrade sound quality and overall performance of the system.

U can’t spell so u have to do that dumb **** that nobody can understand except geniuses like u. I lost u at shut the **** up. The rest is jiberish. Hooked on lame phonics. Lol! Bump that dislike on this comment, gangster. Lol! I guess it’s the Indiana in u. Jim Jones juice is calling u. I’m gonna start calling u Indiana Jones. Lol

Before you give anyone **** about spelling, you should take a real good look at your own replies 1st. The correct way to spell "your" or "you're" and not "urs" or "ur". Our society has gotten so much lazier....spelling simple words being one of them.

Before you give anyone **** about spelling, you should take a real good look at your own replies 1st. The correct way to spell "your" or "you're" and not "urs" or "ur". Our society has gotten so much lazier....spelling simple words being one of them.

It has nothing to do with intellect or ability to spell. It has to do with texting and typing on the computer. I’m not writing an exam or resume, so abbreviations are fine. It’s from my era. Most of the people on here are old and are before that texting lingo fad and habit. I’m “n” my 20s and most of y’all are in “ur” 40s or close to or better than. So it’s just a barrier gap and misunderstanding. When y’all were young, texting didn’t exist. So y’all didn’t catch the texting habit. It’s a habit. I’m very smart. “U” wouldn’t even fathom what extent my mind goes to.... and then the dirty places it goes. Who’s gonna clean up the “u” “n” “ur” “i”? Just say **** it and blink twice and leave it there and don’t bother it. And that was old beef. It’s over. Quit stirring the pot. I’m already fool. “O” my bad. I mean full. How foolish of me. I aiming for ur i’s now. Lol. Get it? And only girls text or type “k”. If u were a 90s baby u would understand. Plus I was speaking on actual intellect. I have peeped game on old buddy and he isn’t that smart and isn’t illiterate, but can’t spell that well nor put sentences together correctly. He has a low IQ. That’s what I was getting at.

Last edited:
And u made an error. I never said “ur” in that post. I only said “u”. So mind “ur” business, “u”. Lol! U wouldn’t make it on the block. When ur in the concrete jungle where gangbangers roar, u mind ur own business and stay n ur own lane. If u weren’t addressed in a beef then don’t jump in it or the homies will beat ur head n with a lock n a sock. This isn’t high school. Most y’all on here wouldn’t chime n like this face to face. So if u would say something to somebody’s face or aren’t ready to fight, then stay quite. And always mind ur own business, even if u r a gangster ready to fight. I spent many years behind them walls and I come on this car audio site and just wanna kick shits and learn more about car audio and I run n to people that are like high school kids or girls. **** playin the radio on dumb ****. Dead that **** yo.

And u made an error. I never said “ur” in that post. I only said “u”. So mind “ur” business, “u”. Lol! U wouldn’t make it on the block. When ur in the concrete jungle where gangbangers roar, u mind ur own business and stay n ur own lane. If u weren’t addressed in a beef then don’t jump in it or the homies will beat ur head n with a lock n a sock. This isn’t high school. Most y’all on here wouldn’t chime n like this face to face. So if u would say something to somebody’s face or aren’t ready to fight, then stay quite. And always mind ur own business, even if u r a gangster ready to fight. I spent many years behind them walls and I come on this car audio site and just wanna kick shits and learn more about car audio and I run n to people that are like high school kids or girls. **** playin the radio on dumb ****. Dead that **** yo.

No I didn't make an error. I did say "your own replies 1st". It wasn't a particular post but mainly on this page in general.

Are you a girl? Girls are just as bad spelling with one word just as much as guys are. Don't be a girl.

No I didn't make an error. I did say "your own replies 1st". It wasn't a particular post but mainly on this page in general.

Are you a girl? Girls are just as bad spelling with one word just as much as guys are. Don't be a girl.
What would make u want to start a meaningless argument that won’t turn out good for u n the long run cause it’s a waste of time and finger strength? I never said I was a girl. U won’t find one post where I say “k”. I said girls say “k” because of the pic 02WS6 posted. Open ur eyes and just blink real fast and say **** it and quit trying to start **** for no reason. That’s the same **** Fithwheel did and start going back and forth with me on this dumb ass thread. Y do y’all try and start ****. And why would u ask me if I’m a girl? Ur the one starting drama on dead **** like a girl. Don’t y’all have anything better to do with yalls free time. I wonder what y’all do on y’all’s free time like the pic 02WS6 posted. ***** please. Calm down and quit the ******** and man up. For real for real. I’m one of the youngest ones on here but y’all be actin like kids for real. Straight chaps.

I'm not reading all that nonsense. But I can tell I'm getting into your skin. And what's with the N word? I'm white bruh....no need for that ****.

I'm not reading all that nonsense. But I can tell I'm getting into your skin. And what's with the N word? I'm white bruh....no need for that ****.
Ur not getting under my skin. I just have a lot to say on the matter. I stay turned up like this. And ***** please is a saying. I don’t say ***** casually like some wigger kid. Ur real dense dude.

Y would u randomly start beefing with me and popping off at the mouth at me for no reason and chime in on some **** that had nothing to do with u? That’s some real ***** made ****. That’s some gossip girl ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.