4ohm vs 2ohm

loz88

UK
Hey guys,

My amp said it can do 2x2ohm at 80 rms and it can do 2x4ohm at 65w rms.

I have bought some speakers that are 4ohm.

My question is do I need to do anything special in the wiring so it knows its 4ohm or does the amp figure that out itself and send the relevant power?

Hey guys,
My amp said it can do 2x2ohm at 80 rms and it can do 2x4ohm at 65w rms.

I have bought some speakers that are 4ohm.

My question is do I need to do anything special in the wiring so it knows its 4ohm or does the amp figure that out itself and send the relevant power?

you answered your own question

[/b]
Okay thanks, I just see lots of diagrams where the amp is connected to one speaker and then that speaker is connected directly to another speaker.

I am just planning on wiring one speaker to channel 1 + and - and the other speaker to channel 2 on + and -, I don't need to worry about wiring speakers directly together for this or do i?

Okay thanks, I just see lots of diagrams where the amp is connected to one speaker and then that speaker is connected directly to another speaker.
I am just planning on wiring one speaker to channel 1 + and - and the other speaker to channel 2 on + and -, I don't need to worry about wiring speakers directly together for this or do i?
Just connect one speaker per channel.

[/b]
you forgot to add that he needs to do the requisite voodoo ritual dance in the tribal attire and body/face paint whilst sacrificing a chicken. It doesnt need to be a live chicken tho, a bucket of KFC will do just fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

loz88

loz88
UK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
kcr357