3K Electrical Upgrades?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If it's just for a daily setup then yeah not worth it.

I would do big 3 along with a good battery under the hood and then see if it's to your liking. If it's not loud enough and/or your noticing rapid voltage drops during your music then i'd do a budget alternator with Singer (he usually has sub $400 options that are still signficant upgrades over stock but won't break the bank).

$1,600 in parts for an electrical upgrade for a $350 amp and $400 in subs. And, that's without sound deadening anything. Something doesn't seem right. It is my daily driver truck. 2005 Dodge Hemi Standard Cab

If it's just for a daily setup then yeah not worth it.

I would do big 3 along with a good battery under the hood and then see if it's to your liking. If it's not loud enough and/or your noticing rapid voltage drops during your music then i'd do a budget alternator with Singer (he usually has sub $400 options that are still signficant upgrades over stock but won't break the bank).

What about just the AGM and lithium with the stock alternator?

Something doesn't seem right
No it's 100% right your just extremely downplaying what your trying to accomplish.

Price doesn't matter, you have to realize that your literally trying to run 300 extra amps worth of accesories on your car.

95% of car mechanics would literally look at your like your mentally insane if you just casually said "uhh yeah running 3700RMS no big deal".

Yeah it is a big deal, that's a ton of current and will cost you a ton of money if you want to see all of it (300amps isn't just going to magically appear). For a daily driver you can simply just turn the gain down and roll with stock alt + aftermarket battery and see where that takes you. If it rattles your entire car and the voltage doesn't look bad then just keep it the way it is.

No it's 100% right your just extremely downplaying what your trying to accomplish.

Price doesn't matter, you have to realize that your literally trying to run 300 extra amps worth of accesories on your car.

95% of car mechanics would literally look at your like your mentally insane if you just casually said "uhh yeah running 3700RMS no big deal".

Yeah it is a big deal, that's a ton of current and will cost you a ton of money if you want to see all of it (300amps isn't just going to magically appear). For a daily driver you can simply just turn the gain down and roll with stock alt + aftermarket battery and see where that takes you. If it rattles your entire car and the voltage doesn't look bad then just keep it the way it is.

I meant AGM, Lithium, and stock alternator. I might just have to bite the bullet. The subs will be here Wednesday and the box is already paid for. Around 3.5 to 3.7 cubes net at 32hz. So, I'm stuck, it's going to get done.

I will get it built. 4 nice 8's in a standard cab on a 3K has me interested to see what it can do. My installer is very trustworthy, so, I will take his advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.