350z sub suggestions

Un4GivNSoul
10+ year member

I dont know if anyone owns a 350z here but the limited space present alot of problems and from what i have seen so far I can run any kind of 10" that i want. I can also run dual 10" subs but they have to not take up alot of air like .7 per chamber.

I listen to alot of hard hitting rap, and really hate the thought of going to a 10" sub and losing the deep bass that i have been getting from the 12" that i have used ever since i was 16.

Is there certain 10" thats i can still maintain that deep sounding bass or something close it... Or am I goin to have to do something custom in the trunk to be able to support a bigger sub.

My last sub was a 12w6v2 which i liked alot just so you can kinda get of idea of what im looking for.

Any ideas would be a appreciated because i seriously have run out of ideas.

10s can go down pretty low...some may sound like 12s. The enclosure also has alot to do with it.

for example the Image Dynamics IDMAX

but why not stick to the JL W6v2? Its an awesome sub!

BTW nice car, I got your rims on my 07 Alti //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I do really like the w6v2 but i keep hearing on car audio forums that JL seem to be way over priced for the quality and sound coming out. And I have always heard good things with Brands like FI and some not as well known brands. Alot of people are saying that you can out preform a w6v2 with some of these less know brand names.

I just dont want to pay for the name itself. If there are subs that out perform JL for less or equal price i would rather to that. And im not really sure how the 10" JL is going to perform compared to a 12". I love the deep bass.

Thanks for the props on the car man. Alti are nice cars to man i actually checked them out before i decided to go in the sports car direction.

i had a fi q 12 d2 off 1100 watts before in my car and i can honestly say that 2x 10" idq v2 d4's off of a alpine pdx 600.1 in my brothers 350z that i installed sounded Louder, and sounded smoother, tighter, punchier, and a wider range of freq extensions in the upper bass regions. it was a bad ass set of subs.

We mounted them in a zenclosures box from ebay which was built excellently and was snug against the hatch strut bar.

You wont be disappointed and that setup would be around 420$ for the 2 subs and the box off of ebay. Ive heard 10w6v2's in my friends acura tl and honestly id take idq's over the w6v2's

I think that is your best bet. Another option to run would be some high end sq subs and run a single 10 like an Idmax or w7, or possibly a dual set of the new aura subs on madisound.com or even some focal polyglass subs. also ask 6spd coupe about some herts subs.

all of these options are very nice for sq, and have some pretty good extension into both the upper and lower regions of sub bass. while retaining good sound.

If you go single 10, try and send it around 800 watts or up or 2 10's off of 300 - 350 a piece will make the 350z scream. They are very easy to make loud due to the limited cabin space.

Mike-

Due to the transfer function of the hatch, plus the small-ish cabin, a 350z will get loud off of almost any decent sub. Sound quality is more of a deciding factor when setting up the substage in the Z. I have also installed the above mentioned combo of IDQ's in a z-enclosures box. Powered it with a Kicker ZX750.1 and they played low and loud.

Fun little cars indeed. Good luck with your build and post up pics when you get your gear in.

Thanks alot for the great answer. Deffiantly will take your advice and see if i can go more for sq because sound level seems that it will come alot easier.

I just sold my Z and was running the stock bose system for weight savings. There are a few companys that make upgraded subs that fit in the stock location (for the bose). Youre not going to get the amount of bass out of it compared to what you are looking at, but its good for space and weight savings

Im running a TC OEM 10 in mine and absolutley love it.

IMG_0615.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.