3 Amps, Remote wire with Toggle Switch Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Quizzno

So i have already in my truck 2 12" Jackhammers with a 1250w matching amp. what i want to do is get an additional two, 2 channel amps. One for my door speakers to run all of the time, and one for speakers outside of the cab with a toggle switch.

Questions:

Can I run 3 amps off of one H/U Remote switch?

what would be the best way to hook up the toggle switch?

Should I get a capacitor or second battery with this much draw?

All comments and input would be appreciated.

use a relay, i don't put more than two amps on a HU unless i know the HU output capability and amp remote draw. relay could be behind the head unit with pin 87 tied to the HU ignition power.

Special Applications with SPDT Relays, Diagrams

addremacc.gif

then just put the toggle switch in-line with one of the remote turn-on feeds.

it would be cheaper to just get one amp, then use relays on the speaker outputs. then you can either toggle between cabin or outside (only one at a time) or use the relay to disconnect the outside speakers.

if you want external speakers, i'm assuming you're not driving while playing them. that means you need a second deep cycle battery with an isolator so the system plays off the deep cycle battery and not the starting battery. the starting battery is isolated so it cannot be drained while parked. a cap would be a waste of money.

FYI - go to Interstate Batteries, ask if they have any blemish models. they are batteries with green tops that aren't perfect. can be had for a fraction of the price. I just sent a friend there for his motorhome that i'm rewiring, got deep cycles for $45 each!

i get what you are saying and thank you for the comment about the deep cycle battery and stuff. But your link of diagrams are all trashed and won't show up. :/

and where can i get a relay from? i saw that you can get one from walmart but idk.

I'm more than likely just going to keep my amp i have now for the subs and maybe get a 4 channel.... but more than likely i'm going to get a good 2 channel for the indoor speakers. then just get a cheap one for now anyways, for the outdoor ones.

now it's working... so from the diagram, you are saying is that on the relay, 87 is connected to H/U remote switch, then 30 is to be connected to the all time amps, so when i turn the key they are always on, and then pin 86 is the one with the toggle am i correct? and 85 is ground? sorry if i'm being too tedious...

86 to the remote turn-on output from the head unit (blue/white)

87 to constant or ignition +12V. the red or yellow wire at the HU harness is fine.

30 goes to the remote turn on for each amp, however you have a switch in-line with one of the remote wires - to the amp for outside speakers, to override it off. you could have a switch for each amp remote wire if you wanted.

85 to ground.

86 to the remote turn-on output from the head unit (blue/white)87 to constant or ignition +12V. the red or yellow wire at the HU harness is fine.

30 goes to the remote turn on for each amp, however you have a switch in-line with one of the remote wires - to the amp for outside speakers, to override it off. you could have a switch for each amp remote wire if you wanted.

85 to ground.
Thank You

how are the jackhammers? i have heard mixed reviews on them

Imo I think they hit pretty **** hard... I mean because of my truck being single cab, and the speakers are in the smallest possible wedge boxes, not ported, and the cone is covered by the seat... inside the cab it's loud as hell and can disort your vision.. you can't hear them to far out of the cab but i think that may just be due to the setup and the fact that my truck is pretty loud. but they are pretty loud and clean sounding, and they haven't blown as many people have said they are prone to...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.