help with wiring harness...

Participant count
  • Participant list

bstran11693
10+ year member

Hey guys i just got the JVC KD-R620 from crutchfield and got all the necessary harnesses and all that.. and tonight i strarted crimping all the wires and in the one harness there were 2 extra wires not connected in the bigger harness Receiver Wire Harness For select 1995-up Audi, Chrysler, Ford, Porsche, Saab, and Volkswagen models at Crutchfield.com and i dont know what they are for. There is an all blue one and a white and blue one. There are 2 open spots for wires with the tab tip on them, but i also got one of these Antenna Adapter Connect the factory antenna cable in your vehicle to any aftermarket stereo Works with a variety of 1994-up European and American vehicles at Crutchfield.com and it has that blue wire with a tab on the end. So I have 3 tabbed wires for 2 slots? I don't know where these wires go so any help is greatly appreciated!

correction: the blue and white wire doesnt have a tab tip thing on it. Only the blue one coming from the antenna adapter, and the blue one that was with the harness have the tab.

blue is power antenna connection.

blue/white is external amplifier turn-on.

if you have a power antenna, you need to connect the blue wire for it to work.

if you have external amplifiers, you need to connect the blue/white wire to the amplifier turn-on terminal.

h12040VW54-fp.jpg

This adapter also supplies power to the factory antenna booster.
you connect the blue wire on the JVC harness to the blue wire on the antenna adapter - this will power the factory antenna booster.

you will not need to connect the blue/white wire unless you install external amplifiers or if the car has factory amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.