2014 Focus ST build Sundown SD 8s

Looks great id suggest redoing the carpet with a 4way stretch vinyl..lays alot better
Thanks, and yea I've already been wanting to redo the carpet. I wasn't very happy with how the seems looked and it was a shape the carpet wasn't too happy with stretching. I decided to leave it for now though because I'm leaving for work for a couple months shortly and don't have time to fix it now.

OK some gear has arrived and started working a little bit today. 1/0 CCA for Power to amps and big 3, 12 gauge karma speaker wire and new battery terminals. I'm still waiting on 75 ft of techflex, heavy duty heat shrink and tinned copper lugs that will be hydraulic crimped.

Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters next to stock Sony tweeter

CXS v2 midbass 2ohm version with a couple of comparisons to the stock Sony mids

I'm going to try and keep this build as stealth as possible so I'm going to use the factory locations for all of the speakers. I did a lot of test fitting and measurements today and ended up getting one of the tweeters mounted. The stock tweeter is smaller and so I had to trim the factory mounting clips back and was then able to get the ID tweeter in perfectly. I used some high strength plastic epoxy and glued the tweeter on to the back of the panel.

I got the driver's side tweeter installed today. I also got my 2/0 lugs, techflex, heatshrink. and a new hydraulic crimper for good connections.

Got some updates finally. I got big 3 started, battery to chassis ground and engine to chassis ground done. There is a factory distribution panel between the battery and alternator out, I did the battery to distribution block cable but I still need to get the alt out to the block. I have the passenger side done now, door is deadened and sealed with mlv decoupled with radiant barrier and stuffed with absorption material. A big thanks goes to @keephopealive for the ideas on doing my doors this way. I used the factory speaker ring trimmed and well deadened to mount the cxs woofer. I soldered some speaker wire to the factory plug. The factory wiring will be used until I get ready to install my 4 channel.

Here are some pics of the car from this summer followed by install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.