2014 Accord Sport SQ Build keep_hope_alive

So, the car was stolen on 2/19/17. Hasn't been returned. Audio is gone and likely to be sold. Keep an eye out!

85abc849dfbb4245b5c7b1b5059b5c92.jpg

cc1d5a3bc95a691a783dbdd0832d6425.jpg

Rich V.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that. It makes me sad to even consider gear being pieced out and sold from such a beautiful total package custom install. Some people just have no respect. And you deserve respect for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy ****...
Oh man, so sorry to hear that. It makes me sad to even consider gear being pieced out and sold from such a beautiful total package custom install. Some people just have no respect. And you deserve respect for sure!
Oh that ***** man. All that hard work gone in less than 60 seconds.
File a police report?
car was found today. nearly intact. some body damage and a few small items missing inside. all of the audio is there. they apparently don't know how to undo my puzzles.

car was found today. nearly intact. some body damage and a few small items missing inside. all of the audio is there. they apparently don't know how to undo my puzzles.
Wow man ! I just saw it was stolen but to get it back in one piece is unbelievable. Around these parts it is stripped and burned overnight ! I am so happy to see that didn't happen there. And just a question, No hidden kill switch ? I wired a switch to kill power to ecm on mine and hid the switch well but my kind truck is very easy to steal.

4 hours of effort treating the passenger door. that's deadening, absorption, MLV barrier and CCF decoupler, and then terminating the speaker wires i had previously ran into the door. tomorrow i will repeat for the passenger door. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the passenger door needed deadening, so a few sheets of BXT II did the trick.

accorddoors001.jpg

then came the most important part of treating a door - adding absorption. this is a 1" thick compressed fiberglass ceiling tile (with the white cover removed). $6 per 2'x4' piece. this is easier to work with than the loose batt insulation and being compressed it offers more absorption with less hassle.

accorddoors002.jpg

accorddoors003.jpg

accorddoors005.jpg

next came the barrier. the factory barrier is thin. i wanted to use MLV for the barrier but had the challenge of keeping water out. the factory setup has a slit where water can drain but it is flawed. so i added Ensolite (CCF( to the metal where the MLV will contact and also to the entire inside (one piece, sticky side out) to stick to the MLV and create a watertight barrier.

accorddoors014.jpg

accorddoors016.jpg

accorddoors018.jpg
Hey! You basically did the same thing I did on my 2006 Grand Caravan build for the doors!

16904593_1293662624027548_262702939305450304_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...