Factory speakers with amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nolesman
10+ year member

I was thinking about switching out some of my speakers and putting back my factory speakers for the time being. Currently my aftermarket speakers are running off a Fosgate 400x4 amp. Can I put back my factory speakers running off that amp? If so how long can I leave those factory speakers in without them blowing or something? Should I change out all my speakers instead of just one set? By-the-way the factory speakers are Pioneer that comes with the 1999 Honda Civic. Thanks for your help!

If you turn the gains down pretty much all the way and dont crank it up they might last forever but at the same time they could go in a puff of smoke in the first minute..I would just leave the Aftermarkets in there.

Mike

those stock civic speakers ****, they're made in mexico and have a 15 watt power handling rating. why do you want to switch out ur stocks? if u want, i'll be more than happy to take the aftermarkets off ur hand. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif if ur gonna switch it, just run them off the headunit, look for the wire that used to go to ur stock if it was cut, or take off the harness if it wasnt cut and reconnect it. then if u have no use for the amp, i'll take that too... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif jp man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.