2001 Civic ex build

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Starting a new build for my 01 Civic ex. Build is gonna consist of 2 C2 audio Threatcon 2s, Audio Technix amp kit, 4 cube box tuned to 32, some kind of sub amp, Clarion apa 4203 4 channel on some JBL GTO608C comps, and a JVC arsenal HU, forget the model number, ill get it tomorrow.

Lets start from the beginning.

This is the car im gonna be doing the install in. Had it for a little over a year now and its been through 3 systems already, this will be the fourth one. Currently has 150k miles, but everything under the hood is brand new save for the block, power steering pump, starter, and ac components due to the timing belt slipping and smashing 4 valves. The tranny was leaking fluid onto the flywheel/clutch as well so that had to be rebuilt.

Anyway on what you guys are here for :p

Here is the amp kit, bought for 40 shipped from the AT blowout sale. Hell of a deal.

Finally got to installing the amp kit yesterday after having it for about a week and a half.

Got all these wires running on my poor stock battery. The AT wire is gonna power the sub amp and the unknown brand 4 gauge wire is powering the Clarion apa 4203 4 channel amp im currently using. The diyma wire is for the big 3.

Best place i found on the car to run the wires from the engine bay to the interior was this rubber grommet.

Ran the power wire to the back tucking it in between, behind, and under trim pieces to keep it nice and hidden. Tucked it under the carpet in the back, when i get the sub amp the carpet will be cut and the wire will run under the carpet to the hole then into the amp.

Ground was done the same as the power wire, and will be ran the same way.

This is the four channel im using for the fronts and the one 6x9 that works in the back, lol. Nice little mess of wiring i had to take care of in the bottom of that pic.

This is what i started with

This is what i ended up with after a little work.

All wires ran, i forgot to tuck the ground back under in this pic.

Trim pieces back on. No traces of a big ass wire anywhere.

Heres the headunit, and the center console, nothing fancy, just a dash kit. I like the look of the hu, looks nice and sleek in the dash.

Box design and specs here. Gonna be subs back and port back. Building it myself as soon as i get the money for wood and accessories. Gonna be my first box build so i hope it turns out well.

Like i said im unsure of the sub amp right now, and ill have pics of the subs as soon as i get the second one. Fedex must have tossed one pretty good because the motor shifted. Filed a claim over 2.5 weeks ago, called twice, and ive still got no where, gonna call again tomorrow and see whats up. Slow ish build but it'll get done soon enough. Lemme know if you have any suggestions or tips //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.