2013 Mustang box build

Participant count
  • Participant list

netzero
10+ year member

USMC
Hey all, I've been out of the loop for a while now but I've had some down time and been working on my car. One of the things iv missed the past few years was a decent stereo. I'm going to do a very basic build on my 2013 GT, front door speakers and sub/amp in the rear. Speakers will be here monday and ill have those in then, but im starting my box build tonight.

I've got some CVR's just laying around so im going to throw one in the box until i decide what to get. I've got a precision power amp that'll do 850 at 1 ohm so the 600-800 rms power range is what im dealing with. Thinking about picking up an RE SE-xV2 now that their made in the US again. Had two back in the day and loved them.

Here is the car this is going in:

e6h02lx.jpg

and the box design. I'm going to seal it and wrap it in 3m vinyl, black for the false wall, di-noc carbon fiber on the inset piece.

nY8He93.jpg

SbZcJjX.jpg

szanYRe.jpg

It's pretty big, so i've got tons of room for bracing. The plan is to use a 6" aero port, and gorilla tape the last section so it can be shortened or lengthened, and have some removable blocks so the volume and tuning is adjustable. But what im gonna start with is 2.25ft^3 at 33hz. It'll be a slower build but i want to get a majority of the building done tonight and tomorrow. The install and finishing touches will come.

Just checked out their stuff. From a pure cosmetic prospective i like the carbon fiber dust caps... Id have to hear one or get more feedback before i bought one outright. Right now im between the se, ssd, and gcon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.