2000 Camry Build

That screw on mount is a beautiful thing and that is the actual screw ring, it goes behind the mounting surface. The tweeter is pretty flush.

1703136112988.png

Beautiful indeed!

It does look very nice but won't do for my application. I Want to use the existing tweeter locations so I think the CDTs will do the trick. Just need to make my mind up completely and fly some cash their way.
Oh I get it, I'm considering the 1200is too, The stevens is only $14 less but a lot of people like them. Mounting depth is actually only 28mm 1.125" which is only a 1/4" difference. The CDTs are nice too.

The drt26 tweeters have been around for some time now. Modular style housings that make install easy in many different applications. These are great tweeters but the 1200iS tweeters are on a totally different level. If they can fit in your application they are a must have! I’m assuming you went with those HD mids over the Es-6 mids cause they are 2 ohm?

Been thinking on what speaker to put up front again. I decided to go with CDT HD6CKV in the doors and for tweeters, I haven't decided. I'll be getting CDTs but don't know which ones. I'll need to make up my mind before the month is out to save cold flimsy cash.

Original post updated with current equipment.
Best CDT tweeters I have and still use may be more than one would like to pay for.. But dammned good CDT tweeters. You may be able to find the B-Stock a little cheaper on CDT Website. Ive bought some of the B-Stock and Ive never seen any issues or damage from any,and you still gain a warranty. Prob like $40-60 bucks cheaper. Are you going to go Active or Passive? They also have some really nice Xovers for passive

Amazon product ASIN B00470K93M

To help, you could spray expandable foam in the holes of the lid. Not too much, though. Remember, the foam expands, so it could cause your lid to bulge.
🤣 🤣:poop:!!Deff got to go easy with spray foam, especially Great stuff. Messy as hell too. Ive never been able to reuse the same can, always have to burn the entire can if used or not. I use alot at work or the Dap that takes longer to set up to seal penetrations in freezers/coolers,wall penetrations if no need to be fireproof, but there is an Orange fireproof foam spray at H.Depot.

Sometimes Mineral wool works best to fill cavity spaces for sound proofing and using a paint stick or a 1/2"-3/8" wood dowel to shove in tight spaces, and not real expensive either

I just don't like the way it mounts with the threaded body. I'm really thinking I'll go with the CDT DRT-26S.
The CDT DRT-25 tweeters sound much better than the 26s. I like the 26s on the Upstage/Higher in the Pillars,The 25s sound really good in the A-Pillar or dash/doors much better from what I have and generally run

Dayton audio DSP-408: $166 amazon
Fosgate DSR1: ~$300 amazon

So is the fosgate so much better than the dayton commanding such a higher price or is it the integration of iDatalink Maestro? I cannot find too much online to aid my decision on these two.
The dayton's have noise issues. They're good but you may have to send one or two back to get one that isn't adding noise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...