2 quality 10's vs 2 average 12's and other questions.

For your needs I think most brands will be fine. You want something "loud" but without ever having a system before most subs in a decent box and good amp will be "loud" by your standards.

The C2 Threatcon 2's seem like a great sub but I worry about their low end (and you don't want to wait).

I may get flack for this but consider craigslist or even Ebay. So what if a sub is potentially b stock. This will allow you to get more sub for your money.

One of these should be plenty for your needs:

Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12 12" Daul 4 OHM P3 Subwoofer Brand NEW 780687324704 | eBay

if space is an issue they also make a shallow mount as well.

As for an amp. An Alpine or Audiopipe should do you well. There are always going to be better brands but to your point you are really looking for an entry system.

Well, since mine is gonna be a D4 (could get D2). I can Do one or 4. Isn't one the loudest. So i need a 1000w or 1200w at 1 ohm.
Really you just need to match the ohm load you have to a compatible amp.

With 2 d4s you can wire it at 4ohms and bridge a 2channel amp like a rockford 800a2 or alpine mrv-f1507 which are both older amps that are usually found for cheap

Also. Is the sub i linked the right one? It seems different from the others.
Ohm load doesnt decide the loudness but rather how much power an amp makes.

Some amps are designed to run at 1 ohm some 2ohm. The alpine mrx-2400m for one makes 2000w at 2ohm but at 1ohm it only makes like 1200w.

For your needs I think most brands will be fine. You want something "loud" but without ever having a system before most subs in a decent box and good amp will be "loud" by your standards.
The C2 Threatcon 2's seem like a great sub but I worry about their low end (and you don't want to wait).

I may get flack for this but consider craigslist or even Ebay. So what if a sub is potentially b stock. This will allow you to get more sub for your money.

One of these should be plenty for your needs:

Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12 12" Daul 4 OHM P3 Subwoofer Brand NEW 780687324704 | eBay

if space is an issue they also make a shallow mount as well.

As for an amp. An Alpine or Audiopipe should do you well. There are always going to be better brands but to your point you are really looking for an entry system.
A rockford does not fit this situation

b audiopipe amps may be cheap but they **** in every other category other that price

c shallow mounts dont get loud for cheap

d read next time he has an overall budget to work with.

and op that fox acoustic single 10 box is really worth the wait and the money.

Wow. Alot has gone on. So, the problem is this. I have very limited space. So a 12 is out of the question. Now, correct me if im wrong but even with that Fox box, wouldnt you have room to run only one ten ( two would be choking the sub?)So then, wouldn't two Sa-8's be louder than one 10in sub? Im now thinking two Sa-8's are the way to go. People say the hit hard and are a good sub. Then down the road i can have 3. As much as id love to get some 12's or 10's space is gonna be a problem.

Now, if i do buy the Sa-8's. They are 4 ohm DVC. I know you can buy them else where and get 2 ohm but the one i linked is cheaper so i can invest more in a amp. I thought with a 4 ohm DVC, you can only wire them at 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Can you do two ohms? Before i buy the amp ill link it to see what yall say. Thanks for all the help!

Well, i guess i should have read BOTH the Sa-8 descriptions. Turns out, all the vids i have been watching that are good, are about the SA-8v2. The one linked is a E8v2. Its only 200RMS vs the Sa-8's 400 RMS. Is their a big diff.

You sir should win a award. You have given me what i needed to know. So, they had the ComR's, Some Rockford Punch 3's, or a Alpine SWS-12D4 12" DVC 4-ohm. Any of these good?
If you're DEAD set on these, go for the rockfords. But in all honesty with a bit of snooping around you could get a nicer system for the price of these.

If you're DEAD set on these, go for the rockfords. But in all honesty with a bit of snooping around you could get a nicer system for the price of these.
Im not getting any of those. Im getting some sa-8's.

all i have to say is, your getting ripped off left and right with your local shop and best buy if you want to future proof yourself, here's an amp at a decent price http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/584855-new-2013-hifonics-brx2400-1-a-2.html230 for 2k rms, it wont strain your electricals if you adjust your gains accordingly until you do the big 3 later on. All things that need to be said about subs and enclosures, have been said already whether or not you listen is on you.
I have that amp it is very good. I should correct myself I do not have the full big 3 yet but I have a second battery and an optima yellowtop. I like the setup no more dimming headlights and no more high voltage drops. I was thinking about keeping the capacitor on but I took it off like 3 days ago and I get crisper sound...? weird lol

Out of all these amps I used to run a Hifonics BE1700.1D. Really hard to find online though it is the premium brutus amplifier and to get a good warranty on it you should go through a car audio dealer. That amp was beast I would think the brutus brz1700.1d would be good too. Also, MBQuart is the high quality Maxxsonics brand. Just a little better than hifonics but hifonics is catching up to them really quick. I've always liked hifonics amps I think they have it well for being cea-2006 compliant.

Ended up with a MBquart 1500.1 of a guy on here. Working on the box now. Having a hard time with the 70 degree cut. Need a table saw. All my parts should be here this week. Hopefully get it in on next Saturday. May make a video of it. Help others in my shoes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.