2 quality 10's vs 2 average 12's and other questions.

My 2 Alpine type X 10s? They don't need a lot of space and can get loud and clean
And your gonna come off of these xs for like 100bucks so he has some money to buy amp box wires etc for his $450 budget.

plus they require like 800w a piece and require more mounting depth than he has.

op the memphis pr subs arent horrible they just arent anything special they are entry level so they wont get super loud the shop might have some mclass which use the same power but are a bit more money.

its really just hard to work with your budget.

And your gonna come off of these xs for like 100bucks so he has some money to buy amp box wires etc for his $450 budget.
plus they require like 800w a piece and require more mounting depth than he has.

op the memphis pr subs arent horrible they just arent anything special they are entry level so they wont get super loud the shop might have some mclass which use the same power but are a bit more money.

its really just hard to work with your budget.
Sorry about the budget. Its just kinda hard for me to justify spending $500, $600, or $700 on something i use for a one or two hrs a day. Maybe more on weekends.

all i have to say is, your getting ripped off left and right with your local shop and best buy if you want to future proof yourself, here's an amp at a decent price http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/584855-new-2013-hifonics-brx2400-1-a-2.html

230 for 2k rms, it wont strain your electricals if you adjust your gains accordingly until you do the big 3 later on. All things that need to be said about subs and enclosures, have been said already whether or not you listen is on you.

I am not opposed at all to building a ported box. Im a little confused on how it would fit under the seat about i could probably build one with plans. I may sound dumb here but, how would two 8's sound anywhere near as loud or "powerful" ,for lack of a better term, as two 10's or 12's? I thought as you went down in size, the more precise the bass but not a loud or vibrating. Am i wrong?
EDIT: Buck i PM'ed you. Here are the pictures. hopefully this helps!

You don't sound dumb, you just don't know. As was said, size has nothing to do with sound quality and likewise, it isn't the end all be all where loudness is concerned. There is more to consider than cone area when looking for a good sub. For instance, one 18 with 11mm of xmax linkly won't create any more sound pressure than one 10 with 25mm of xmax, all other things being equal. There are also other parameters that make a speaker better suited for loudness or sq, of which, size is but one.

For your budget, you could do a couple of good 8" woofers with a decent 1000 watt amp and be making really good bass with equivalent sound quality.

For instance:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9755-e8v2d2-sundown-audio-8-dual-2-ohm-e-series-subwoofer.aspx]WoofersEtc.com

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11394-brx11001d-hifonics-1-channel-1100w-rms-class-d-brutus-series-amplifier.aspx

That $430.00 combo in a properly designed ported enclosure will make a lot of good quality bass in a small amount of space.

all i have to say is, your getting ripped off left and right with your local shop and best buy if you want to future proof yourself, here's an amp at a decent price http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/584855-new-2013-hifonics-brx2400-1-a-2.html230 for 2k rms, it wont strain your electricals if you adjust your gains accordingly until you do the big 3 later on. All things that need to be said about subs and enclosures, have been said already whether or not you listen is on you.
Yea, the shops around here ****. They have been known to rip people off. My friend has one 10 under is seat that he paid $900 to get with amp and all. Im not sure what a Big 3 is but will look it up in a bit. regarding to to the "All things that need to be said about subs and enclosures, have been said already whether or not you listen is on you." statement. I know what enclosure i must use. It has to be under the seat. Only thing that fits safely. As to subs, is hard to choose cause one person says Alpine *****, the other says its great. Some say get these, or these, or these. I should set up a vote and see or something cause im getting mixed signals. And some say run 10's, run 8's, run a single 12. Its kinda hard to pick. Especially when lacking the experience yall have.

You don't sound dumb, you just don't know. As was said, size has nothing to do with sound quality and likewise, it isn't the end all be all where loudness is concerned. There is more to consider than cone area when looking for a good sub. For instance, one 18 with 11mm of xmax linkly won't create any more sound pressure than one 10 with 25mm of xmax, all other things being equal. There are also other parameters that make a speaker better suited for loudness or sq, of which, size is but one.
For your budget, you could do a couple of good 8" woofers with a decent 1000 watt amp and be making really good bass with equivalent sound quality.

For instance:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9755-e8v2d2-sundown-audio-8-dual-2-ohm-e-series-subwoofer.aspx]WoofersEtc.com

WoofersEtc.com - BRX1100.1D - Hifonics 1-Channel 1100W RMS Class D Brutus Series Amplifier

That $430.00 combo in a properly designed ported enclosure will make a lot of good quality bass in a small amount of space.
Im liking those SA-8's. Seem to do well in a ported box. Not the trouble is making a ported box. But those seem really good. Found them on amazon for $10 cheaper. The weird things is their sold by the same company...but whatever. It would be $20 saved.

It really boils down to preference. Alpine is fine as is rockford jl memphis and kicker but guy on this site have long moved to better brands after realizing you can get more bang for you buck in more underground brands like sundown dc incriminator ssa etc. But like you found out earlier you have to sometimes wait for these subs to be built. But would you rather a hand built sub or a sub that is built buy the thousands with no real quality control other than a computer and yet is more costly than the hand built subs

It really boils down to preference. Alpine is fine as is rockford jl memphis and kicker but guy on this site have long moved to better brands after realizing you can get more bang for you buck in more underground brands like sundown dc incriminator ssa etc. But like you found out earlier you have to sometimes wait for these subs to be built. But would you rather a hand built sub or a sub that is built buy the thousands with no real quality control other than a computer and yet is more costly than the hand built subs
Yea i found some sa-8's on amazon. They seem good. It hard to tell on youtube how loud they are. If i can only run two 8's instead of two 10's, it seems like the Sa-8 is my best bet.

EDIT: im worried that im not gonna be happy with them. On youtube they seem loud, but im not sure. I also can run a ported box ( it would be hard. ) which is gonna cut down on the sound.

Yea i found some sa-8's on amazon. They seem good. It hard to tell on youtube how loud they are. If i can only run two 8's instead of two 10's, it seems like the Sa-8 is my best bet.
EDIT: im worried that im not gonna be happy with them. On youtube they seem loud, but im not sure. I also can run a ported box ( it would be hard. ) which is gonna cut down on the sound.
Two sa8s can get very loud tge sa8v2s dig down deep better than the v1but the v1 is very good in its own right. Throw in a "quality" 1000w amp and you have a banging system that shocks people. Nothing feels better than you friend saying "what is than 15s?" And your like "no just 2 8s"

Two sa8s can get very loud tge sa8v2s dig down deep better than the v1but the v1 is very good in its own right. Throw in a "quality" 1000w amp and you have a banging system that shocks people. Nothing feels better than you friend saying "what is than 15s?" And your like "no just 2 8s"
hehehe. Me liking this now. so Sa-8 v1 or V2 better?

EDIT: whats a good quality Amp and wireing.

hehehe. Me liking this now. so Sa-8 v1 or V2 better?
The v2 is better imo

EDIT: whats a good quality Amp and wireing.
If you get two d2s the jbl gto1001d is very good for the money

Amazon.com: E8v2D4 - Sundown Audio 8" DVC 4 ohm Subwoofer: Car Electronics
This is what im looking at. So i would need to wire them at 2 ohm. Right?
2 d4s can only wire to 1,4,or 16ohms so you would need 1000w at one of those ohm loads

2 d2s can wire to .5, 2, or 8ohms

power at 1ohm is cheap but its easy to get mixed in the power claims of certain companies.

If you get two d2s the jbl gto1001d is very good for the money

2 d4s can only wire to 1,4,or 16ohms so you would need 1000w at one of those ohm loads

2 d2s can wire to .5, 2, or 8ohms

power at 1ohm is cheap but its easy to get mixed in the power claims of certain companies.
Well, since mine is gonna be a D4 (could get D2). I can Do one or 4. Isn't one the loudest. So i need a 1000w or 1200w at 1 ohm.

Also. Is the sub i linked the right one? It seems different from the others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.