2 American Bass XFL 1244 & Phantom 4000 MD

So I finished the trunk with the deadener... and now my roof and bumber are annoying me... Anyways... I finally measured my box.. and it comes out to this.. 2.88 sq ft box.. or 1.44 in two separate sealed chambers.. so I guess my "custom" box is way off spec.. I have sound equipment and I know it's supposed to sound better than what it is.. Just kinda ticked that this "Installer" charged me $1500 and I read that it's so far off spec it's a joke.

Waiting on Star mountain to hit me back but he's been busy.. so I'ma attempt to build my own box.. Gonna do a test run with 5/8" particle board 1st to see how i'm going to get it to fit in the trunk.. Thinking about firing the subs up and the port back.. Any suggestions? I know 4.2 ^3 net is they way to go.. so I'ma try to get it the closest I can to that.. Does it really matter where I position my amp?? I know it needs some air flow.. cause it gets hot...

Do you think it would be a prob with the subs firing up and the port facing the trunk??

So I finished the trunk with the deadener... and now my roof and bumber are annoying me... Anyways... I finally measured my box.. and it comes out to this.. 2.88 sq ft box.. or 1.44 in two separate sealed chambers.. so I guess my "custom" box is way off spec.. I have sound equipment and I know it's supposed to sound better than what it is.. Just kinda ticked that this "Installer" charged me $1500 and I read that it's so far off spec it's a joke.
Waiting on Star mountain to hit me back but he's been busy.. so I'ma attempt to build my own box.. Gonna do a test run with 5/8" particle board 1st to see how i'm going to get it to fit in the trunk.. Thinking about firing the subs up and the port back.. Any suggestions? I know 4.2 ^3 net is they way to go.. so I'ma try to get it the closest I can to that.. Does it really matter where I position my amp?? I know it needs some air flow.. cause it gets hot...

Do you think it would be a prob with the subs firing up and the port facing the trunk??
No, that would work. If that's what you want

what car ?

nah.. I bought a used Honda the next day. built a box.. (measured the trunk so it could fit.. and forgot to make sure it could get in the opening.) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

so it's in my back seat 4.2 ft^3. Sounded way better than the other box I had it in. So i'm keeping it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Syntaxx7x

10+ year member
Syntaxx7x
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views