2 American Bass XFL 1244 & Phantom 4000 MD

Ok.. going to go with Star Mountain Sounds and see what he can do.. Cause he's gotta build it in my trunk.. which is gonna be like origami with wood and plexi!!

Gotta find some time from work and get up there.. got the money for the box.. Will hit you all back and let you know how it came out... I'm kinda excited..

Ok.. going to go with Star Mountain Sounds and see what he can do.. Cause he's gotta build it in my trunk.. which is gonna be like origami with wood and plexi!!Gotta find some time from work and get up there.. got the money for the box.. Will hit you all back and let you know how it came out... I'm kinda excited..
Have you been to his shop yet?

nah not yet.. gotta get some time off of work... I work 6 days a week.... I'm trying to hit him up sometime in end of April.. Beginning of May.

IF that amp does rated and you have completely stock electrical, and both subs share 1 cubic foot then you and your installer both are idiots. You probably starved the amp to death, taking out a perfectly good sub in the process(though clipping at low voltage, I would guess) because you probably are not even smart enough to purchase a $25 dash mounted voltmeter that would help you prevent such things....what size power and ground wire did he run? where is the ground located? Sanded and bolted? Stock staring battery?...etc, etc, etc...If I am wrong and you do have the electrical upgrades necessary for such a powerful system, then I regress........but I doubt it.

Wow, those are some strong words my friend. My first guess would have been that the sub burnt and fused thereby creating a direct short circuit across the positive and negative terminals. The amp would then have seen 0 resistance and overheated the outputs causing them to burn up. This is a a pretty common problem really. Many of the more expensive amps have protection circuits to guard against this. A voltmeter isn't going to save his *** in this instance either. A better solution would be to buy drivers that handle much more power than the amp can output. Your chances of catastrophic overload of the amplifier are considerably lessened with this even with square waves being outputted as many folks commonly seem to choose. Of course the real cause of the problem is all speculation at this point. That isn't to say that your theory is wrong either.

On side note. A little understanding (of people) goes a long way.

[quote name='Syntaxx7x']nah not yet.. gotta get some time off of work... I work 6 days a week.... I'm trying to hit him up sometime in end of April.. Beginning of May.[/QUOTE]

+1 on a box from @double 07 ; Im loving mine with 2 xfl 12's

[quote name='dhall615']+1 on a box from @double 07 ; Im loving mine with 2 xfl 12's[/QUOTE]

[quote name='double 07']Thanks D....I am glad you like it........[/QUOTE]

I'm gunna have to order one for my xfls soon!

I just took out the shroud that my "installer" put over the box.. Sounds a lot better and my trunnk rattles a lot less. Waiting on Star MOuntain to get back at me... says he's kinda busy.. and I believe he is the closest guy to me to build a box in my trunk.

Also.. Just a concern.. but i've read a couple of reviews of these subs and people say there's barely get warm.. I felt mines yesterday... they were a little bit more than warm.. just a c concern.. and also think i shoul dtake the polyfilling out of the box that the "installer" put in??? Or is it still usefull.

ok.. since I'm waiting.. just ordered 80 sq ft of AT sound deadener... Already getting some nasty flex from what I have.. Guess I'll gut the car and install while I'm still waiting for Star Mountain to get back to me..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Syntaxx7x

10+ year member
Syntaxx7x
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views