2 American Bass XFL 1244 & Phantom 4000 MD

He's going to put in a new sub and new amp for free.. 2 ga to speakers???

is big three that important?? and would the 1 12 sound better than 2 12's in sealed box?? The only prob is.. you can't fit the proper sized box in the trunk because of

the opening.. did you see the opening?? it's really small... do you know any shops in GA that build?? How much would it run??
0 or 2ga. to amp/ground, 10 or 8 to speaker(s). And yes, 1 12 will get a lot louder on twice the power ported in a box the right size. You will be using a lot of your trunk to do 2 of them ported. There are guys here that run a single XFL on 2k daily. It looks like you can fit a good ported box for 1 sub where you have the 2 currently,.

Ok update:

Went to shop.. they put in new sub and new amp.. Said that the other sub might be slightly burnt..

Sooo they put in one and took the "bad" one out.. and I will get the other one tomorrow...

Said I didn't burn them in properly.

Ok update:
Went to shop.. they put in new sub and new amp.. Said that the other sub might be slightly burnt..

Sooo they put in one and took the "bad" one out.. and I will get the other one tomorrow...

Said I didn't burn them in properly.
LOL..oreally..Sound like they burnt in just fine to me..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

lol.. yeh i guess.....

anyways i have 2 new ones.. and they have been running fine.. I did notice that they turned the bass boost down a notch.. and the gain is at about 45-50%.. everybody says that I would be able to get more out of them if i just use one in a properly built ported box.. So i'm looking at options for that... I have a 2010 camaro.. so i have some issues with box size...

ok.. i'm about to change cars.. and get the ss model.. then i'll just say "F" it to the trunk and get a box built in the whole trunk.. It's not like I put anything back there anyway.. So I guess I'll have to hit someone up and drive to their spot and get the box built.. I Want to to be ported through the back seat into the cabin.. That way I can keep the seats up.. I'm thinking possibly Fiberglass..

Turn the bass boost all the way off, it kills your subs..and also set the amp gain to maybe around 25 - 30% and you should be fine.

*sigh* I guess I'ma have to wait on the system.. Going to trade in my car to get a newer SS model.. then I'll have to contact someone about building a plexi box in the back.. So I gotta put everythign on hold till I do that..

lol... yeh.. I would if I could get the M3.. But I'm not banking that much (premium gas.. and car payment).. Plus I'm getting a even trade in.. same payment.. Newer year.. higher model..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Syntaxx7x

10+ year member
Syntaxx7x
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views