2 18's in a RANGER!!!

Just an update on this beast. I'm going to redo and strengthen the center brace (2x10) so it will stop rattling and when this kid gets his stimulus check in, he's gonna buy a big alty so the volts won't drop as bad( right now at full tilt the volts drop into the 10 range, so it isn't near as loud as it could be). Here's a couple of more pictures from this morning when I took it for a short spin, and a teaser video to get y'alls interest.

P6170473.jpg

P6170474.jpg

what song is this?

Yup, the old 95 amp alty is still kickin. After seeing a memphis 4K in his last setup, and now seeing about 3000 or more from this setup, it's still holding up well. But, after he gets back from his trip he's going to have some people redo his alternator and make it 200 amp.

So he spent 900 on 3k? SAZ 3k could of been had for that a nice used one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So he spent 900 on 3k? SAZ 3k could of been had for that a nice used one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well, he actually has 5200 on tap if he blows these subs and can wire them to 1 ohms next time. So in that case, these two amps were a better deal than a sundown 3000, and he's got a 1 year warranty through sonicelectronix on these amps too.

it took about a year and half for my stock 95A ranger alt to die from my mm3000 and zx650. i did notice a difference in output when i finally got a HO alternator... upgrade asap... looks good...

it took about a year and half for my stock 95A ranger alt to die from my mm3000 and zx650. i did notice a difference in output when i finally got a HO alternator... upgrade asap... looks good...
Yeah, going from a 95 amp alty to a 200 amp alty will be a great improvement. And for only $80, I might send my alternator down there just for fun because trying to jump start a 3/4 ton diesel truck every other day doesn't do well with my stock 115 amp alternator (volts drop to about 10.5-11 when trying to jump start that truck) . Lol. Just curious, can u tell me what the volts on this truck will be like after putting in the 200 amp alty, with 4 batteries, and running about 2500-3000 watts, or is that something you really can't tell till I get it in and test it?

eh, who knows... should be alright. i don't know how much current your amps draw but that sounds more than sufficient...

1 word- sick
Lol. Thanks. I've gotten that responce from more than one person. Another responce I've gotten alot is "How did u get that in there?!" Even thought the box is about 6 inches shorter than what it appears because of the wall, but I'll just keep them guessing.

Yeah, going from a 95 amp alty to a 200 amp alty will be a great improvement. And for only $80, I might send my alternator down there just for fun because trying to jump start a 3/4 ton diesel truck every other day doesn't do well with my stock 115 amp alternator (volts drop to about 10.5-11 when trying to jump start that truck) . Lol. Just curious, can u tell me what the volts on this truck will be like after putting in the 200 amp alty, with 4 batteries, and running about 2500-3000 watts, or is that something you really can't tell till I get it in and test it?
2500-3000rms? Aren't you running those amps at 1ohm? .

and no, theres no way you can tell how much voltage drops your getting. You can tell how much amperage draw is taken, as well as the amplifier's efficiencies. But with those amps running at 1ohm, i would highly look into a 300amp alt. Easier on your electrical system, along with giving the appropiate voltage for your amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.