2 18's in a RANGER!!!

Very nice vids! Love the glove box flex..
Any idea on numbers?
Right now with his stock alty, I'm guessing we could burp a 149 maybe 150 but it wouldn't be for long since the volts drop pretty fast. Once the new alternator is installed (It's only going to be a 160amp until he can get enough money for a bigger one, but for $65 you can't beat 160amps) and his memphis 4k put on the subs, I'd estimate a 151 or possibly a 152. But who knows, maybe the 155 mark is closer than I think. It's just crazy loud now, a lot louder than the old box, which did a 147.6.

And btw, that was the air bag flexing, not the glove box. I hope the subs don't make the air bag deploy out of nowhere.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif And it's a lot worse than the video shows. Maybe I should do something about that. Lol.

Just an update: He smoked one of the amps. I think the problem is just low voltage, but once he gets his stimulus check in (shouldn't be much longer) he's probably getting a 200 amp alty from excessive amperage. And he going to buy some more 1/0 wire and do the Big 3. Luckily he bought the amps off sonicelectronix so they have a one year warranty.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just an update: He smoked one of the amps. I think the problem is just low voltage, but once he gets his stimulus check in (shouldn't be much longer) he's probably getting a 200 amp alty from excessive amperage. And he going to buy some more 1/0 wire and do the Big 3. Luckily he bought the amps off sonicelectronix so they have a one year warranty.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I believe its the mounting location that caused the amp to fail. I have had this situation with almost every hifonics amplifier from hifonics bxi1606,2006, hercules, 2607, and the XXV Colossus. They seem to be very senstive to vibration. In your case, I'd assume vibration was the major cause.

I believe its the mounting location that caused the amp to fail. I have had this situation with almost every hifonics amplifier from hifonics bxi1606,2006, hercules, 2607, and the XXV Colossus. They seem to be very senstive to vibration. In your case, I'd assume vibration was the major cause.
Well, he said he heard something pop. I got to his house like 5 minutes after it happened and when we plugged the rca's in to play the sub, the amp just started rolling smoke out of it.

you do know that on a hot day those batts. can release gases that are explosive. if someone gets in your truck smoking on a hot day it can explode. that is why you always use sealed batts. if they are in the cab of the vehicle. someone else has mentioned this earlier, but it was ignored. (not wise)

as for batteries, I'd look into d3100s (powermaster). You'll thank me later when you noticed you've made the right decision. Awesome batteries for daily application, as well as burps.

as for batteries, I'd look into d3100s (powermaster). You'll thank me later when you noticed you've made the right decision. Awesome batteries for daily application, as well as burps.
Is a d3100 just a big yellow top battery, or something else like kinetic? And he's like me about who sits in the truck, and nobody that smokes can come close to the truck just because he hates the smell of smoke. And he always leaves the windows down everywhere he goes as long as he's in view of the truck, or it's a rainy day, so gas buildup is not an issue.

Is a d3100 just a big yellow top battery, or something else like kinetic? And he's like me about who sits in the truck, and nobody that smokes can come close to the truck just because he hates the smell of smoke. And he always leaves the windows down everywhere he goes as long as he's in view of the truck, or it's a rainy day, so gas buildup is not an issue.
3100 and yellowtop should not be used in the same sentence //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif:eek://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

on a real note, they are one of the best batteries out there. Not cheap, but will not dissapoint you. you can find them for $300 shipped. if not, shoot me a PM.

http://xspowerbatteries.com/xspma/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=58

Ok. I was thinking of something else. lol. I have seen them batteries before and I know they are strong performers, but I don't think this kid will ever buy them because he's only 19 and right now, there isn't enough money flowing in to afford everything he wants. I know the batteries he has are not much compared to a d3100, but they work just fine. Just because it's cheap and not the best of the best doesn't mean it's not good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.