2 18's in a RANGER!!!

you sick fvck!
Lol. Why is that? It's not like the kid was retarded or anything or he actually believed it. Now since I pretty much screwed the box to (through) the back of the cab, the back windows don't flex much at all, unless I'm playin a note around 40hz. The box is solid as a rock and doesn't move at all. Now I just wish I had an extended cab truck so I could put a system like this in it, except I would do something like 2 soundstream xxx 15's off about 8000 watts. Then I would have to buy a big toolbox just to put all the batteries somewhere. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2500-3000rms? Aren't you running those amps at 1ohm? .
and no, theres no way you can tell how much voltage drops your getting. You can tell how much amperage draw is taken, as well as the amplifier's efficiencies. But with those amps running at 1ohm, i would highly look into a 300amp alt. Easier on your electrical system, along with giving the appropiate voltage for your amps.
No, each of these amps are seeing 2 ohms, not 1 ohm.

has anyone else noticed the inovative use of the tennis balls if not then start looking! lol nice job on the install thats one sick ass ranger!!!
I actually got that idea from seeing a picture of a guy with a 1500 chevy that had a blowthrough design a year or two back. When I seen it i thought that it was a pretty good idea to stop flexing, and a cheap idea too. So, when I put this system in I asked the kid if he wanted to do it, and since he trusts me:D we put in 20 tennis balls behind the cab. I think the total cost of tennis balls was like $10 or something like that. So if your truck flexes like a mo fo then I would highly recommend doing this mod, because Dynamat will not keep the back of your truck from flexing as well as tennis balls will:). lol.

lol it looks like a good idea to me .. i was wandering if i was the only one who noticed it .... ha they weren't to hard to jam down there i am assuming ... and guessing they wont fall out ... it would be funny as hell being behind this beast and see it schitting tenis balls //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, here's the deal guys. This kid just got back his memphis 4k (from being worked on because of low voltage problems with his old setup). I think we're going to hook this thing up if we've got the time to see what the subs will sound like with that one big amp. My question to you guys is, do you think this amp will be better/more efficient than the two hifonics brutus amps he's got now? With an estimated power of 4000 watts at 1 ohm (maybe more once we get the bigger alty and hold a constant voltage), do you all think it will power the subs as good as the hifonics amps (~1700 at 2 ohms x2 for both amps, so about 3500 watts)?

Ok. Well, like I said, after he gets the new alty put in (should be a week or two maybe sooner) we'll throw in the 4k. We shouldn't have much voltage problems at all, so the Hifonics amps might be gettin the boot for the 4k, but who knows. It's a lot easier to tune one amp than trying to match 2 to the same output. I'll get pictures of the 4k in a couple of days. I've only seen it one other time, and man is that thing LONG!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif It'll match nicely with the camo, and sittin right at the bottom of the box all layed out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

so he had a 4k yet bought two new amps?why not just spend the money to fix the mephis in the first place?

Also sorry but this is driving me nuts. Its not how much volts or watts its how many. sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

****, 147 @ 44 hz.
i did 145 @ 30 hertz on the dash with 1 18.

if you seal it off and add more port area, his score would be higher.
If you read the whole thing, then you would see that score was with the old box. I have yet to get this thing metered, but I think it'll do close to, if not over a 150. The mid and higher frequency bass has picked up a lot. And the area at which it peaks at has a lot to do with the vehicle, not just solely on what the box is tuned to. And he had the memphis sent off about 4 months before we even started this build and he didn't have another amp, so he just bought these for a **** good price to power it. And now that he'll be getting a bigger alty, he shouldn't have any voltage problems, which was what caused the memphis to fail in the first place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.