2 18's in a RANGER!!!

Try taking one amp out and running both subs the other amp at a 1 ohm load see what you get. Dunno If i missed it but why did you buy dual 1 ohms subs?

I think I said this in an earlier post but, we ordered dual 1 subs because he was planning on getting just a single big amp, but that didn't work out because he didn't have the money for what he wanted, so we just decided on 2 amps that would do pretty good at 2 ohms. And with being rated at 1700 rms (probably only putting out 1500) at 2 ohms a piece, these amps were hard to pass up at the price ($450 each brand new through sonicelectronix).

How many batteries are in it? And what size is the stock alt? I would add a few batts before taking the hit on an alt. Save the alt for last after a little batt bank.

I guess I don't understand how a battery charger will help if I charge it once a week. Once I start playing the system, it's going to immediately discharge the batteries, until the alternator can recharge them. Unless there's something I don't understand, which might be the case. Do you mean just charge the batteries overnight once a week, and the volts won't drop very low? I'm kinda expecting to not see anything below 12.8-13 volts, so will this method work with what I want?
the batteries are low on amperage right now.

charge them back to full capacity

i bet it will make a noticable difference

I guess I don't understand how a battery charger will help if I charge it once a week. Once I start playing the system, it's going to immediately discharge the batteries, until the alternator can recharge them. Unless there's something I don't understand, which might be the case. Do you mean just charge the batteries overnight once a week, and the volts won't drop very low? I'm kinda expecting to not see anything below 12.8-13 volts, so will this method work with what I want?
then again, my batteries are dep sysle, sdo im not sure what to expect with yours.

Ok, thanks. He's coming over to my house this sunday and we're going to add another front piece to the box, put (laminate) 2 more 2x10's to the existing 2x10, and put 5 bolts through the bottom of the box to secure it to the truck (the back brace I made broke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ). This will greatly strengthen the box, because right now he can't turn it up or else it would probably rip the face right off the box. If these upgrades don't work, I won't know what else to do to brace the box. These 18's have more moving power than I originally thought.

got some shorter seats in

seats.jpg

You should make lots more power at 14 volts coming from 10, which personally I wouldnt run them at 10. anything.... You could fak up your carputer with voltages that low.....

Get some deep cycles batteries and start checking locally for a place that can rewind your alt to make loads more power, should be a lot cheaper than the irragi, ohio generator, ect options.

Looks extremely loud, most I have installed is a 15" O series Eduh sealed on a NinE.1 in a ranger extra cab and the low end would knock your hat off, but that just looks fun as hell.

Watch the low voltage the amps are gonna be hating it too..

Try the battery charging option just to get you through the week... Hopefully his check comes soon.

Yeah, because when I first crank the system, the volts are at about 13-13.5, and it is loud as fack. But then, once the volts drop, it doesn't get very loud, so I'll try the charger trick for a while till he gets his check in. He's actually calling around right now and getting prices on getting his alternator respooled. The only thing I'm worried about right now is I think he has an 80amp alternator now and I'm not sure we can get his alty respooled over anything bigger than 140 amps, but maybe I'm wrong.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Yeah, because when I first crank the system, the volts are at about 13-13.5, and it is loud as fack. But then, once the volts drop, it doesn't get very loud, so I'll try the charger trick for a while till he gets his check in. He's actually calling around right now and getting prices on getting his alternator respooled. The only thing I'm worried about right now is I think he has an 80amp alternator now and I'm not sure we can get his alty respooled over anything bigger than 140 amps, but maybe I'm wrong.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
If no serious electrical upgrades are made soon, I would definately adjust the gains on the amps so that they arent drawing enough current to kill the electricl. It will keep you from doing any damage to anything and possibly having to replace an amp.

140 amps would work...
Yup, just fill er' up with deep cycles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.