2 18's in a RANGER!!!

lucky, it looks like he can use the schools woodshop classroom. i wish, ours was awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

atleast get sealed batts such as Optimas
This is gonna be one of those things that unless we absolutely have to, we're not replacing the batteries. Just because it will be a pain in the ass to get the box out, then trying to fit batteries back into the same spots that are there, if we can even get batteries in there. And the fact that it's working fine now, and he's had the batteries in there for over a year with not problems.

Ok. Well, like I said, after he gets the new alty put in (should be a week or two maybe sooner) we'll throw in the 4k. We shouldn't have much voltage problems at all, so the Hifonics amps might be gettin the boot for the 4k, but who knows. It's a lot easier to tune one amp than trying to match 2 to the same output. I'll get pictures of the 4k in a couple of days. I've only seen it one other time, and man is that thing LONG!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif It'll match nicely with the camo, and sittin right at the bottom of the box all layed out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
running the mojo @ 2 ohms, right?

at 1 ohm they ate current beasts...

1. Bass boost knobs are stupid, you're going to clip the signal
No you won't Bass knobs are gain knobs, they dont have anything to do with bass boost

2. Brutus amps **** the big one, for 450 bucks you could have gotten GP3000Ds, which will put out oodles more power
No they don't the newer models are very efficient, and for almost 200$ more i can see that amp being more effiecient, but not that much for 200$ you could almost get another amp

BTW great build, love the ports and everything is real cleeeeeen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just a little update on whats happening. We are ordering a 250 amp alternator from mechman.com in the next week or two, so voltage shouldn't be a problem anymore. He's also going to put in an optima yellow top under the hood to help out voltage until he has the money to get a really good battery. And, this weekend he's going to see his uncle and pick up his 4k, so I'll have pictures on here sometime later next week.

And on a side note, I bought a little over 18 feet of 1/0 welding wire from a kid that just had it laying in the back of his truck and wanted rid of it. It looks pretty much brand new. The best part is, all 18 feet just cost me $20!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif It's not often a person stumbles into a deal like that. Lol.

No you won't Bass knobs are gain knobs, they dont have anything to do with bass boost
bass knobs = gain?

remote bass knobs change the intensity at a certain frequency a boost at (x)hertz. rated in dB. the gain controls how much power goes to the speaker. not the same thing

not all "remote knobs" are remote gain knobs

not all of them are bass boost knobs either

depends on the model. the remote gain knobs are nothing more than a volume control for the amp.

set the gain on the amp, and the remote gain knob can not go over that.

remote bass boost knobs **** the big one

thats what i was saying when i corrected the one guy, then skmfkr said no //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.