2 18's in a RANGER!!!

Box looks good. Next time you build a box though dont put a screw so close to the end of a corner. Looks like all your corners have splits in em. Other than that looks to be loud, especially with the port right at your head.

no they are gonna run less efficent iirc.

they may not move as much because the other ports were more restrictive.

when the ports are too small, or the box is sealed, the subs move a hell of a lot more.

thats why they dont move asmuch now, and its louder to you.

just a port doing its job.

P6150457.jpg

P6150461.jpg

P6150462.jpg

P6150464.jpg

P6150465.jpg

P6150466.jpg

P6150467.jpg

P6150468.jpg

P6150470.jpg

P6150472.jpg
dam,can you say no recline?

Ok, that's sounds reasonable to me. Because it was alot louder on the higher notes but they didn't seem to more as much. And to pickup1, there is a ton more room than before. Now when I sit in the drivers seat there is about 3-4 inches between me knee and the dash (I'm 6 3 and me knees hit the dash before.

Just an update on this beast. I'm going to redo and strengthen the center brace (2x10) so it will stop rattling and when this kid gets his stimulus check in, he's gonna buy a big alty so the volts won't drop as bad( right now at full tilt the volts drop into the 10 range, so it isn't near as loud as it could be). Here's a couple of more pictures from this morning when I took it for a short spin, and a teaser video to get y'alls interest.

P6170473.jpg

P6170474.jpg

Yeah, right now it's alot louder than the old setup for about 5 seconds then the volts drop down to about 10-10.5 so the subs aren't getting very many watts and the loudness wears off. But, once he gets a bigger alty, the volts should stay pretty high, which will equal a louder system. Does anyone know where he could get a good new alty for this truck. I think he wants something in the 200 to 250amp range, and if he can find one cheap, maybe a 300amp.

dude

just charge the batteries...

buy a battery charget that auto shuts off, and plug it in over night oncea week or so

youll notice a huge difference

alts are 4-500bucks inmost cases....thats just too much imo.

I guess I don't understand how a battery charger will help if I charge it once a week. Once I start playing the system, it's going to immediately discharge the batteries, until the alternator can recharge them. Unless there's something I don't understand, which might be the case. Do you mean just charge the batteries overnight once a week, and the volts won't drop very low? I'm kinda expecting to not see anything below 12.8-13 volts, so will this method work with what I want?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.