1994 T-bird wall teardown >2004 ford explorer build

sorry its been so long but heres the final pics of build

however, here in a couple weeks its going to be torn down and walled.

as far as some of the comments go...skip...when the rebuild is done you wont be louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

mazz. i have had the powerbass amp for a while now. i went with soundstream subs because there was another explorer with the same setup that was pretty impressive, also i went with soundstream because this was meant to be just a feeler for me. i havent had a SUV so i didnt know what to expect when it was done, but now that im getting more familiar with the SUV and there systems for them its only going to upgrade from here:)

on with the pics........

PIC-0010.jpg

PIC-0011.jpg

PIC-0012.jpg

PIC-0013.jpg

PIC-0014.jpg

PIC-0018.jpg

the only thing we disliked about this was not being able to tuck away this EQ. we could have stuck it in a compartment but it would be a pain in the ass and wouldnt be able to get to comfortably. we were going to tuck into the large area next to it but there wasnt no room due to the a/c vents for the rear running under that console so that was the best place we could fit it

PIC-0019.jpg

looks good man looks like it bangs when you wall it how many/what size woofers are you going to be putting in
it will be the same subs, same 15's for now. were going to wall it and go from there on sub upgrades:) were hoping for a .7 db gain atleast with same subs walled

it will be the same subs, same 15's for now. were going to wall it and go from there on sub upgrades:) were hoping for a .7 db gain atleast with same subs walled
Sames subs, same amp.. As long as the wall it built properly(proper airspace, tuning, etc) you should gain a pretty good amount man. It will cut off a ton of airspace in your car. Btw you're walling off at the b pillar??

Why would you want too wall this?

I never understand this.....these are perfect for stock-unwalled setups, i could easily get a 49.9 bassracer with darn near anysetup in mine.

I was pretty close with my 2 12Rs....with new ones and a smaller box it would have done it, and thats at 43hz...not a burp vehicle at all.

But...too each his own....i wouldnt wall it personally

Why would you want too wall this?
I never understand this.....these are perfect for stock-unwalled setups, i could easily get a 49.9 bassracer with darn near anysetup in mine.

I was pretty close with my 2 12Rs....with new ones and a smaller box it would have done it, and thats at 43hz...not a burp vehicle at all.

But...too each his own....i wouldnt wall it personally
I couldn't agree with this anymore... I will never wall my expo(granted diff body styles) but they both are easy to get loud. My next setup will be 4 12s or 3 15s and should bassrace a 149.9 and streetbeat a 150+ pretty easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.