13w7 advice

csknight
10+ year member

I just bought a jl 13w7 off a friend and am thinking about matching it to my memphis 16pr1.1000.

I want to wire the sub in parallel which cuts its 1.5 impedence down to about .75. obviously the memphis is not rated to a

will I kill my sub or amp doing this?

thanks a bunch guys, I really need help on this one.

also, sealed or ported? I know the difference and info, but from those who have seen a w7 in both.

i use to have the exact same setup . a 13w7 d1.5 and a memphis pr1.1000 . i ended up burnin the amp up after a couple hours. and the jl didnt even sound that good a .75 ohm load. i wouldnt do it again but thats just me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

most daily boxes see bout 1.5+ after rise. and knowing most people with a Jl and the box im going at least 2 or more.
For a daily system it will be hard to tell. As long as your electrical can keep up I don't see a problem running it at .75.

For a daily system it will be hard to tell. As long as your electrical can keep up I don't see a problem running it at .75.
i used to be ballsy and run .25 daily.....remember those bxi's i had in charolette? well...they were kinda fried because of a .25 burp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

so i'm still kinda on the edge on this one. but I think chargdbassbuick has me on this one. same setup and he fried the amp. could this be because his amp was close to dying anyways?

if anybody is looking for a good lightly used memphis 16pr1.1000 I guess i'm selling now. pm me.

I dont see why you want to run the amp to an inch of its life and hope things like rise and electrical keep it alive. More than likely you will burn the amp up running daily. I dont thinks you will see much difference running a single sub that low for the bit of power you gain.

homeboy's probably fried due to improper amp settings/electrical. I run 4ohm rated amps at 1 ohm and 2ohm rated amps at half ohm all the time. The enclosure and the speaker wire you use will affect the impedance seen at the amp so when you wire to .75, it will rise above 1ohm. Just keep the bass boost at 0 and only tune with the gain and filters. There is a thread about how to tune with a digital multimeter if you can't do it by ear very well. I would look through that thread to be safe.

from .75 to 1ohm isn't much of a difference and the impedance rise will more than make up for it.

I dont see why you want to run the amp to an inch of its life and hope things like rise and electrical keep it alive. More than likely you will burn the amp up running daily. I dont thinks you will see much difference running a single sub that low for the bit of power you gain.
He isn't dipping below 1ohm to gain more power. It is the only option he has at the moment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.