Hi or Low

Participant count
  • Participant list
run rca's they are more reliable and less likely to induce noise in the system. I would also recommend betting a different amp to run the sub. The 4ch might not have enough power to push the sub well enough to be on the same level as the fronts off the deck power.

Well, I was going to bridge 3-4 to a single 8" sub. And fronts are only a 2"mid/1"tweeter in the door. So I was thinking, those off the deck, then 5.25's full range with sub as the rear.

That'll work, though most of your sound is from behind you which generally sux. You can run hi level inputs on two channels and preouts to the others if it suits your install. If the deck has separate sub preouts you're better using those instead of high level tho 'cuz you get more control.

Well, this is a really small convertible, so front/rear really doesn't exist. I ended up using both, sounds good, but your right, less control other than amp gain for higher levels. But at least I can hear now on the freeway!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.