12'' thin type r

There's just to much integrated now. Even a stock HU with a DSP added will walk on even the best aftermarket HU
I hear ya!! The "everything including the kitchen sink" paradigm of marketing!! I prefer discrete electronics, myself!

John Kuthe...

I just asked crutchfield about adapters and everything to retain the factory features....

i have for around 300$ of adapters and wires to buy, considering all the pain it can induce to my ***, trying to get everything working, i might just invest a little more, buy a DSP and keep the factory HU.

Now, i know there must be many threads in here about the subject but, Helix DSP for example, does it come with the software, or do i have to choose among many other softwares to upload and are they expansive ?

I just asked crutchfield about adapters and everything to retain the factory features....i have for around 300$ of adapters and wires to buy, considering all the pain it can induce to my ***, trying to get everything working, i might just invest a little more, buy a DSP and keep the factory HU.

Now, i know there must be many threads in here about the subject but, Helix DSP for example, does it come with the software, or do i have to choose among many other softwares to upload and are they expansive ?
I have never seen a DSP specific forum here, may be some posts here and there. I'd be very interested in a discussions about DSPs, how to work with them. etc. I'm getting this:

Alpine PXA-H800 Digital sound processor at Crutchfield.com

Should be delivered tomorrow. and I'm gonna have fun programming it! Hope my Macbook Pro can connect to it and manipulate it! I ordered the remote control module too but I know it's got a USB port too.

John Kuthe...

I just asked crutchfield about adapters and everything to retain the factory features....i have for around 300$ of adapters and wires to buy, considering all the pain it can induce to my ***, trying to get everything working, i might just invest a little more, buy a DSP and keep the factory HU.

You can download the latest software from AudioTec Fischer (parent company of Helix) for free and play with it now. It's pretty straightforward software imo. As far as tuning there are plenty of resources out there. Tuning isn't quite as straightforward. I'll try to remember to post some helpful links when I have time to hunt them down unless someone points you in the right direction before then.

Added:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/33740-simple-way-tune-courtesy-cmusic.html is a decent way to dive into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, thanks !

well, i'm still creating needs but that's the kind of toy i love to play with !! Can't wait to see my girlfriend's face when i come up with this !!

She'll be like:

Boy you never grow up, don't we have home improvements to do ?!

There are some things women won't ever understand, and it's just fine !

Add that to the fact she's Hispanic.
She must yell at you in spanish and you don't understand **** ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Speaking of DSP, helix for instance, do you guys tune everything without RTA ? can i expect great performance without it ?

Also, once everything is correctly tuned, can i turn the volume up and down through the HU or not ?

But since i'm starting with only a sub, i guess it'd be better to have a remote to individualy control the sub....

I'm playing with the software right now, i see that you can set the Helix remote control to control the subwoofer level. I assume it controls the output level of the channel assigned to the subwoofer ? Master volume controls the outputs of every channel, but what about digital volume ? what is it ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.