10th Gen Civic - ELD

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thought I would reply and let anyone looking at this in the future know. You do not have to bypass the ELD. Simply turn your headlights on and it will keep voltage up.

This has been discussed before about the headlights activating the higher voltage. It’s a nice quick fix but I personally wouldn’t wanna have my headlights on everywhere I go.

This has been discussed before about the headlights activating the higher voltage. It’s a nice quick fix but I personally wouldn’t wanna have my headlights on everywhere I go.
Agreed. It's well known in the Honda community that you have to run your lights during daylight hours to keep your voltage high. I even mentioned it in Jstoltzys electrical thread earlier this week about keeping the headlights on (I personally had to do it for my 6th and 7th gen before I got the bypass)

If you want a proper bypass but want to keep the alternator stock you can buy an adapter from Singer Alternators (he's the only alt company that makes a bypass for the ELD). It's basically just an adapter that tricks the stock sense wire into thinking that it needs a full load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.