10 years later...

Belial

Atlanta
I've been out of car audio since 2006. Not driving with a system sux! I'm looking for a simple sql system. I listen to mostly metal. I'm looking for a 2 way component that has good mid bass and airy highs without making your eardrums bleed. Biampable would be nice but not mandatory. I'm going to be using a ppi black ice 4 channel. I think it's the 1000.4. my budget for the components is about $250. This is going in a 2003 maxima se. Doors will be deaden. I'm going with two 15's sealed in the trunk. I like loud and clean

Need help with subs, Amps and front stage components. Thanx

2 15's and trunk probably shouldn't be in the same sentence. Sealed is also dubious since most of the subs designed for car audio are built to perform best in ported alignment. I think you grossly underestimate what can be accomplished with a good quality single sub in a properly designed ported box.

Sound of components will largely be determined by location, beyond that hard vs. soft dome tweeter is personal preference, and either way, there should be plenty of decent options in your price range. I like the JBL lineup for components in that price range, but there has to be a dozen others that are good, or you could step off the reservation and buy raw drivers at Partsexpress or whatever and cross over at the amp (assuming your amp has enough flexibility).

I've been out of car audio since 2006. Not driving with a system sux! I'm looking for a simple sql system. I listen to mostly metal. I'm looking for a 2 way component that has good mid bass and airy highs without making your eardrums bleed. Biampable would be nice but not mandatory. I'm going to be using a ppi black ice 4 channel. I think it's the 1000.4. my budget for the components is about $250. This is going in a 2003 maxima se. Doors will be deaden. I'm going with two 15's sealed in the trunk. I like loud and clean

Need help with subs, Amps and front stage components. Thanx
You want loud and clean, put 2 hds208's in a tline tuned at fs. Double kick is insane and right on point. Don't need a grip of power either. Box is only 29.5x21.75x11.5

You want loud and clean, put 2 hds208's in a tline tuned at fs. Double kick is insane and right on point. Don't need a grip of power either. Box is only 29.5x21.75x11.5
I was looking at their 12's. Kevin recommended two 12's ported. Always wanted to try 8's but sometimes I play bass heavy dub. I want insane chest cracking kick-drum

Is the dd 8 your running that much better than the HDS208? Any dd online dealers?
It's the top 8 right now but I needed a 8 and I compete. And no, brick and mortar only.

It's got a cone area, motor, and excursion advantage.

Not saying the 208 is bad but it's in a lower bracket.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Metal, dubstep, and sq (l) lawl. This guy
What's so funny about that? I listen from Jazz, Metal, and some dubstep

Metal, dubstep, and sq (l) lawl. This guy
Satyricon cannibal corpse morbid angel and dying fetus isn't a laughing matter buddy. Trey(lead guitarist for Morbid Angel does his own version of death metal dub) I don't listen to rap... Or any other bass heavy bs.

Satyricon cannibal corpse morbid angel and dying fetus isn't a laughing matter buddy. Trey(lead guitarist for Morbid Angel does his own version of death metal dub) I don't listen to rap... Or any other bass heavy bs.
Metal actully has deep bass lines. If you have never heard it on a well built and tuned system you wouldn't know.

You'll have to ignore him, he's not to bright.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.