10" sub dilema Need suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

SomeguyinPDX
10+ year member

GunHappy
I have a custom box built by MobileEnclosures for two Creadence SQ10's. Box is 3.6cu total 1.8cu. for each 10". When installing my subs I realized one was a D4 and the other was a D2.

Here's my dilema, Do I spend $218+shipping to get the matching sub? or do I just spend that money on a new pair of subs that can move more air(higher xmax)?

It's not a problem converting my box from Square to Round and I will be powering this box with a T1500bdcp if that helps.

This caught my eye: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/551129-fs-2-skar-10-vvx-lnib.html or a pair of SA-10's

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It was my screw up! I ordered them from Creadence about 5yrs ago, Stuck them in the closet and forgot they were differnt impeadences until I went to install. Creadence will build me an exact match but no return or partial credit. (I don't blame them, It was my mistake)

buy another matching sub
I just figured that subs have came a long way since the original Creadence/L7's have came out and I could get more output from the newer generation subs. It's gonna cost about $250 to have the matching replacement shipped vs. Putting the $250 towards something louder and moves more air. DC, Sundown, Fi, ect.....

What are your goals? The subs you compared for example, the Sundowns would likely be louder and the Skar's play lower...neither are ideal for a sealed application however...how much power do u have?

I would try somethin new (only because the credence sq 10's look lame, lol). That enclosure seems like it would be able to do well with most 10's out there anyway but 250 would definately get you close to a pair of SA or Obsidian 10's.

What are your goals? The subs you compared for example, the Sundowns would likely be louder and the Skar's play lower...neither are ideal for a sealed application however...how much power do u have?
I'm not sure that OP is using a sealed enclosure. Or is he?

2 dcon 10s could be had for your budget..they like to be sealed...depending on power on tap...you could likely get away with 1k to the pair

Not sealed. 3.6cu ft. Total with alot of port area.

I agree with you that the squares look lame as hell.

With the correct impedance I should be able to throw a solid 1500w to the pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.