1 Front, 2 Rear Batteries?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jonnyswboy

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Not sure if there is a better way to do this:

Should I get my amp +/- inputs from separate batteries?

Should I get my amp +/- inputs from separate batteries?
Shouldn't matter assuming you're using adequate bussing between the two. I would pull from different batteries just for the sake of being easier to connect everything to more terminals.

That said, this is pretty ambitious trying to run 12,000W off of 3 batteries. I would want at least double that.

Shouldn't matter assuming you're using adequate bussing between the two. I would pull from different batteries just for the sake of being easier to connect everything to more terminals.

That said, this is pretty ambitious trying to run 12,000W off of 3 batteries. I would want at least double that.
Not trying to run 12,000W. 5000W, 420A load max. Honestly I am mostly worried about getting the grounding and fusing right. I should use 300A on the 1/0 and 420-450A on the 2/0? Or just do one 300A on each AMP input wire? Can I just use 300A fuses for everything except the one between #2 and #3? Do I even need the one between #2 and #3?

Last edited:
That amp will make 12000W give or take. It will attempt to draw well over 1000A of current to do so.

You should probably fuse next to under the hood battery and in front of your rear battery bank, fuse at whatever your alternator is rated. Beyond that you may find fusing between batteries in your bank or between bank to amp(s) may be impractical assuming you're using best practice and keeping runs as short as possible between bank and amp. Might want to get on board with Team No-Fuse once you get into amps this size. YOLO.

That amp will make 12000W give or take. It will attempt to draw well over 1000A of current to do so.

You should probably fuse next to under the hood battery and in front of your rear battery bank, fuse at whatever your alternator is rated. Beyond that you may find fusing between batteries in your bank or between bank to amp(s) may be impractical assuming you're using best practice and keeping runs as short as possible between bank and amp. Might want to get on board with Team No-Fuse once you get into amps this size. YOLO.

It's going to use 1000A to make 5000w? I don't think that's how it works right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.