1 18 vs 2 12s

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not sure which lineup is which with Memphis, but the few installs in my area using Memphis are pretty impressive.
I'd be looking at a single 15 if I only had 5 cube net.

Honestly all things equal the difference either way shouldn't be too dramatic. If your amp supports .5 ohm you'd likely gain more just from lowering impedance than you'll gain from the fact of they're different subs.

Didn't you just get that XL? How do you like it compared to what you traded? Why are you looking to get rid of it?

IMO might as well start planning a wall because my gut tells me you won't be happy with anything you will do in the cargo area below the glass.
Memphis 15-M3MOJO12 (15m3mojo12) 12" Dual 2 ohm M3 MOJO Series

This is the memphis that i talking about. They have always been pretty impressive in the installs that i have seen them in. One of my friends use to have a pair of the 10s in a s10 blazer and was pretty impressive. had the 2 10s on a sundown sax 1200d and did mid to high 144s on the dash with driver door open and sounded good also.

Yes i got the XL but the more i measured and remeasured it appears i cant do what i want box wise. i can build one and it will work but to build it right and be a good box is looking not possible.

Im not doing a cpillar wall i like to see out of the back glass lol

Mojo just have little 220oz motor. They are decent for store brand woofers. But two SA 12s will get louder on your power but u can buy some for like $225 used for 2 12s..
That dc 18 u have should be worth $300 so I wouldn't trade it for the SAs because they only worth like $225
As far as the motor weight goes, that does not tell all for the strength of a motor or how good it is. Hell the Power acoustik mofo weighs 220oz i believe and they are pretty much crap. Some subs are heavy and yet they are not good subs.

--The Sundown SAs are dual 4 and rated at 600 rms so i can wire to 1 ohm and my amp does around 2100-2300 at 1 ohm so figure after rise and voltage just say they will see about say 1200 split

--The Mojo's are dual 2 ohm rated at 1k each so i can wire those to .5 and pick up some power.

I've used a 15" mojo on 1500 watts in my old 1999 mountaineer years ago and did a 147.xx on the dash. Sub up port up. They are decent mainstream woofers but nothing to write home about.

I've used a 15" mojo on 1500 watts in my old 1999 mountaineer years ago and did a 147.xx on the dash. Sub up port up. They are decent mainstream woofers but nothing to write home about.
thats actually a pretty good score. i would be pefectly happy with that. Im not out win comps or anything. I may still go with the SA's though, i know they are proven to get loud with pennies for power. For me the kicker is the Mojo is a 3" VC and the SA is 2.5" which worries me

Mojo just have little 220oz motor. They are decent for store brand woofers. But two SA 12s will get louder on your power but u can buy some for like $225 used for 2 12s..
That dc 18 u have should be worth $300 so I wouldn't trade it for the SAs because they only worth like $225
im leaning more toward the SA's . Cheap to recone and easy to recone and upgrade. Require pennys for power to get loud and i think i can get what i want from them. Also moving to 1 ohm will make my electrical happier for now lol. I have to see what his total offer is

How do U have a hatchback and can't get 6cubes. Hell for 2 12s u need 6cubes. Lol at least that's what size box id use.
It's a 02 Kia Sporrage Suv. I'm sure you know how small they are.

Why would I need 6 cubes for for 2 12s? An SA 12 calls for like 2 cubes net I think so say 4 cubes net. With that small of a box there won't many long planes in the box, also the slot port would add bracing so no need for 2 cubes of bracing

Im not doing a cpillar wall i like to see out of the back glass lol
You won't even miss that after a few weeks.

There's a guy up here that has a pair of 15's walled in his Integra, does 57's on the glass and 60+ USAC style. He uses Memphis now and then and claims to like them better for music. Normally he runs the TSNS which hangs with the power a bit better and produces better numbers. He was using M2 DC XL for a little bit but numbers were poor and I don't think he liked the sound of them either.

That's all anecdotal throwing different subs in the same box, but the point being the Memphis 15's put in work if a pair of 15s can do 57's at the dash and hang with 4 American Bass 500.1 . I know they're "older" but not sure how old or which model. They're definitely 3" coil and not the ones with the big hokey baskets.

I think C-pillar and a pair of 15's with a huge port would make you very happy.

You won't even miss that after a few weeks.
There's a guy up here that has a pair of 15's walled in his Integra, does 57's on the glass and 60+ USAC style. He uses Memphis now and then and claims to like them better for music. Normally he runs the TSNS which hangs with the power a bit better and produces better numbers. He was using M2 DC XL for a little bit but numbers were poor and I don't think he liked the sound of them either.

That's all anecdotal throwing different subs in the same box, but the point being the Memphis 15's put in work if a pair of 15s can do 57's at the dash and hang with 4 American Bass 500.1 . I know they're "older" but not sure how old or which model. They're definitely 3" coil and not the ones with the big hokey baskets.

I think C-pillar and a pair of 15's with a huge port would make you very happy.

I have thought about the C-Pillar from time to time but my backing skills **** so thats going to just make it worse. I have thought about buying another vehicle, if i do then i probably will do a wall but i would bpillar if i did in that case

I have thought about the C-Pillar from time to time but my backing skills **** so thats going to just make it worse. I have thought about buying another vehicle, if i do then i probably will do a wall but i would bpillar if i did in that case

Practice using side mirrors. U get use to it in 2weeks easy. Seeing out your back window is for women drivers. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.