Recommendation for 1 Alpine 12d2 Type R Woofer

freebee269

hello everyone. i am new here as you see by my posts so take it easy on me. i recently upgraded my sub in my 2015 ultima to an alpine 12d2 type r which is a 12 inch dual voice coil 2ohm woofer. the amp i have is not powerful enough for it. it runs it but it is not even remotely stressing the woofer. i have it in an enclosed box. it has been a long time since i really looked into which amps give the best rating per watt. frankly there's not many sites out there that have articles that are updated to the past 3 months that talk about this. so i am hoping you guys can help me out. which amp in your opinion would be best for my sub? i do have a $300 budget so please keep that in mind. thanks for your help.

hello everyone. i am new here as you see by my posts so take it easy on me. i recently upgraded my sub in my 2015 ultima to an alpine 12d2 type r which is a 12 inch dual voice coil 2ohm woofer. the amp i have is not powerful enough for it. it runs it but it is not even remotely stressing the woofer. i have it in an enclosed box. it has been a long time since i really looked into which amps give the best rating per watt. frankly there's not many sites out there that have articles that are updated to the past 3 months that talk about this. so i am hoping you guys can help me out. which amp in your opinion would be best for my sub? i do have a $300 budget so please keep that in mind. thanks for your help.
Skar Audio has a nice 2k watt amp, that I believe is within your budget. Rated at 1400wrms at 2ohm.

Skar Audio has a nice 2k watt amp, that I believe is within your budget. Rated at 1400wrms at 2ohm.
thank you for your reply. i will look into that amp. i do have 1 more question if you dont mind answering. or anyone else. which amp manufacturers in your opinion should i look at that give the best ratings as far as watts go? for example, an amp that says 200 watts is actually 200 watts.

thank you for your reply. i will look into that amp. i do have 1 more question if you dont mind answering. or anyone else. which amp manufacturers in your opinion should i look at that give the best ratings as far as watts go? for example, an amp that says 200 watts is actually 200 watts.
Only way is to look up if the particular amp passes an amplifier dyno test. Every manufacturer out there can easily lie and get away with it. However the amp dyno doesnt lie. Certified dyno tests shows it all. I'd get the skar over that pioneer any day. 1000 more watts at 1 ohm for 40 bucks more is a no brainer.

[video=youtube;vX5-XY93xUs]

thank you all for your recomendations. i decided to go with this PH-1600 MD . the rms is only 200 watts less than my sub max of 1000. the peak is 1600 which isnt anywhere near my sub peak but the rms should be good enough for the type r. i will be wiring to 1 ohm. i bought it for $120. think i made a good choice?

thank you all for your recomendations. i decided to go with this PH-1600 MD . the rms is only 200 watts less than my sub max of 1000. the peak is 1600 which isnt anywhere near my sub peak but the rms should be good enough for the type r. i will be wiring to 1 ohm. i bought it for $120. think i made a good choice?
If it works for you, but most of us will use an amp that has more rms power than we need, to give us head room and room for the ensuing upgrades that will follow. That way it is harder to introduce a dirty signal when one tries to make an amp do more than it is designed for. Good luck dude.

Nope. Ph and hybrid vfls ****. Dirty lying power. Might as buy boss audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.