1/0 gauge wire suggestion?

I'm looking to perform the "Big 3 Upgrade" on my 1999 Chevy Lumina and I'm wondering what are good but inexpensive 1/0 gauge wires for this? Brand suggestions would be nice and if you've had any experience with them. Also, if I already have a fuse for my amp wiring, will I need another one for the Big 3?

Thanks!

Would I want CCA or OFC wire and also what size fuse block would I need? They have 150A, 250A, etc. I have 2 x 12" Dual 4 Ohm Kicker CVR subs with a Alpine X-Power 1000/1 monoblock amp.

If you can afford it, OFC is best. For fusing, you just need to fuse the wire you run to the alt from the batt (the grounds dont need a fuse, obviously) and it needs to be sized for the capacity of the wire, your amp wire already has a fuse so for the big 3 fusing it doesnt really matter what your system is. 1/0 I believe can do the 250A. Maybe some one can chime in and confirm that?

If you can afford it, OFC is best. For fusing, you just need to fuse the wire you run to the alt from the batt (the grounds dont need a fuse, obviously) and it needs to be sized for the capacity of the wire, your amp wire already has a fuse so for the big 3 fusing it doesnt really matter what your system is. 1/0 I believe can do the 250A. Maybe some one can chime in and confirm that?
I'm not buying this KCA kit, but I ran across this (see drop down):

Screenshot_23-12-54.png

So I'm assuming that it can do 250A.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mobbdeep

mobbdeep
Tucson, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BassAndBeer