sunroof rattle problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
I just dropped my zcon 15 into an optimal custom box and it is almost doing more bad than good, I feel like everything in my car is about to fall apart. my sunroof in my 99 grand prix is literally jumping out on songs that hit low. the sound is insanely loud, and to make this a harder fix, the sunroof hasn't worked for a good 7 months. so I can't back it out to lay down deadener. it isn't a fuse all my fuses are good, and I'd love to do this without having to go through fixing the sunroof just to deaden it

I'm going to remove my sunroof and fiberglass in the hole, then brace the ceiling with a sheet or two of MDF
I was considering that but itd look kinda fuxked up on the outside. unless I just make this into a hardcore spl comp vehicle then why not��

I'm going to have either studs or bolts coming up out of the roof. A friend's brother does fiberglass bodywork, so I might pay him to make it look pretty.

I really care about function more than looks though. Only exception is power wire, subs, amps, and headunits //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and RCA's

I'm going to have either studs or bolts coming up out of the roof. A friend's brother does fiberglass bodywork, so I might pay him to make it look pretty.
I really care about function more than looks though. Only exception is power wire, subs, amps, and headunits //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif and RCA's
I know a few shops around here I'm just not too sure if I should trust em or not. I might go in for a quote tomorrow now that I think about it. better knock it out sooner rather than later, at the rate im going I'll be investing in a wall by the end of the year..

yeah no kidding, I've already put more into the car than I paid for the car itself
Tell me about it, lol.

My car was $400, and I have $3k of just a sub and amps sitting in it right now. Batteries were $1k, alt was ~$600, ect.

Totl I've spent more than $10k on audio equipment..

Tell me about it, lol.
My car was $400, and I have $3k of just a sub and amps sitting in it right now. Batteries were $1k, alt was ~$600, ect.

Totl I've spent more than $10k on audio equipment..
kids I goto school with wonder why they can't get their systems loud when they spend the same amount on their entire system as I do for all my wiring. it's so worth the money though lol. I spent 1800 on my car, 680 for the alt, about 200 or so for the wires in it now and another 200 for wire I just ordered. 200 for the battery, I am thinking about getting 2 of those new crescendo batteries so that'll be another 600, 300 for the sub, 200 for the enclosure, 220 for the amp, 250 for the hu, 180 for the 4ch I just got, and 400 on my mids and highs, which I'm upgrading soon as well. plus the hours I spent putting all this together. I spent a good 4 hours just trying to get the custom box in, I trimmed all around the cabin entry to the trunk, hammered it, used vice grips and everything trying to get the sucker tthrough

o_O and there it is....wish people would spend as much time getting decent sound as getting spl. Or jamming a bunch of crap in a car thinking it's cool. Buddy at work did that.. He's like dude my systems so loud. I was like yeah neat dude.. walked away shaking my head...running 150 db's don't mean sh*t if that's exactly what it sounds like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.