1/0 gauge wire suggestion?

No, the electricity will flow through the wire with the least amount of resistance first, then through the next and so on until they're all saturated and at an equal resistance, again in theory.

No, the electricity will flow through the wire with the least amount of resistance first, then through the next and so on until they're all saturated and at an equal resistance, again in theory.
So when you wire subs in parallel, only one sub sees power at a time???

Seriously..

In a parallel circuit, power is split.

I prefer to do things the correct way, not the cheap way. also, they have fuses up to 750A.
I don't cheap-out on things that matter. This is perfectly fine.

I'm sure you have wire that requires 750 amps of fusing

Sometimes there are correct WAYS.And some are cheaper/less hassle than others.
^this

Sometimes there are correct WAYS.And some are cheaper/less hassle than others.
Oh, I totally agree. But how is taking the time to rig up a fuse holder to properly hold 2 fuses "less hassle" than just ordering the correct size fuse, knowing you're protected at the size you need, that it will work how its supposed to and not hoping that the jimmied double fuses will actually work how you "think" they will.

Fawk yer dumb....

All you have is a theory...come see what happens in real life then give us a shout out when you think yer smarter than the guys doing it.

I ran welding lead. Just finished up more grounds myself. I've seen some companies " big 3 " kits but just did my own instead. 2/0 welding lead around $3 foot.

Oh, I totally agree. But how is taking the time to rig up a fuse holder to properly hold 2 fuses "less hassle" than just ordering the correct size fuse, knowing you're protected at the size you need, that it will work how its supposed to and not hoping that the jimmied double fuses will actually work how you "think" they will.
I do not use fuse holders. Also, I am not stacking fuses directly on top of eachother. It is two separate runs of 0 gauge, that are each fused with a 300 amp fuse at the battery bus-bar. They converge and are connected to the 2/0 by crimps. I'd take a pic to show what I mean, but they're currently buried under my amp/fur and I don't think this is worth tearing everything out.

Your kind of right. (saying "first" is not really correct but i think i know what you mean) more current will flow though the wire with least resistance.

FWIW i'd take a lot of what's been said on these subject with a grain of salt .

Again back to the subwoofer analogy. It would be foolish to say that one sub sees power at a time when wired in parallel.

They may see slightly different power, but the difference is insignificant in most cases.

Again back to the subwoofer analogy. It would be foolish to say that one sub sees power at a time when wired in parallel.
They may see slightly different power, but the difference is insignificant in most cases.
Ture but one has nothing to do with the other. They don't contradict each other.

Fawk yer dumb....
All you have is a theory...come see what happens in real life then give us a shout out when you think yer smarter than the guys doing it.
There's nothing dumb about theory when that is what happens in real life... Just because it happens so fast that you can't "see" it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. One wire with the least resistance will take the initial current until it heats up to the point that its resistance is equal or more of the second wire and then the second wire takes current and finally both wires. It happens in nanoseconds (do you know how fast electricity wants to move?) which is why most people won't notice it until they see their fuse block melt (you think they're designed to handle the heat of two or more large fuses?) or they start popping fuses prematurely. Don't believe me? Go talk to an electrical engineer, do some research online, go to college and take engineering courses, calling someone dumb because you don't understand what truly happens yourself is blatant hypocrisy.

There are people here who want to learn the right thing, even if it doesn't necessarily correlate to a real world differences in car audio (maybe your fuse block is over designed and can handle 600 amps). But in reality when you tell someone something truly wrong and they go work on other electronics that do require accuracy, and repeat the same incorrect procedures, things go bad fast. Insulting someone without having any proof otherwise doesn't do anything but make you look like a kid who calls names instead of participating in an intellectual conversation. Professionalism = Respect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mobbdeep

mobbdeep
Tucson, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BassAndBeer