08 F-150 First Install

The Edead is fantastic. I had a small portable heater inside the truck but it was still cold. Once you apply the stuff, it sticks fast. Really easy to work with. I was impressed. Has not moved a week later. Got a lot done today. All speakers are installed, it was a ***** but they are in. Should be able to finish everything tommorrow am. The options for Audio in these trucks DO ****!!!!

Sub box looks Great, And i love me some ID mid's. Im in the process of planning a system for my 01 ex cab [Crew? idk. two rear doors open, but arnt full doors.]. Cant decide on sub's / Box / Box location. Either 1 15", or 2 old school 8" XTR3's.

Ill definantly be keeping an eye on this.

Sub box looks Great, And i love me some ID mid's. Im in the process of planning a system for my 01 ex cab [Crew? idk. two rear doors open, but arnt full doors.]. Cant decide on sub's / Box / Box location. Either 1 15", or 2 old school 8" XTR3's.
Ill definantly be keeping an eye on this.
Yup, my doors too. Space is so tight, the box just fits behind the passenger seat. Ill have pics up tomorrow. Had to mount the amps on the box, nowhere else the would fit. Cut the crap out of my hands fishing wire through the doors.

So you will have no remaining back seats? Ive thought about giving up the "40" of my 60/40 split bench, And building a nice 2Cuft box for a single 15 to fit just below the window line.

So you will have no remaining back seats? Ive thought about giving up the "40" of my 60/40 split bench, And building a nice 2Cuft box for a single 15 to fit just below the window line.
No back seat to start with. It's just a single cab with the suicide doors. Bout 10 inches deep of space to work with behind the seats.

Ah, Ive got a rear bench, With WELL over 10" behind the seats. Its 11.5" from the back of the seat bracket, to the front of the bottom seat cusion, plus another 8" or so id imagine depending on the position, to the front seat.

Keep wanting to start cutting wood, But dont know what im going with yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Got all kinda Equip ready.. RE SE 15, 2 x 8" 90's XTR3's, a Kicker zx750.1, Orion 1200D, few front stage amp's, ID CTX65CS componets, And ID OEM 6.5" mid's.

So after a month, couple of glitches and a lot work and swearing...it's done. Had everything hooked up last weekend but was having an issue with my 4 channel going into protect mode. I went over every inch of wiring today and discovered a pos and neg speaker wire touching and a loose ground. Checked and rechecked all other connections and everything seems to be solid. It sounds fantastic. I have TONS of headroom. My 4 channel gain is not even a quarter of the way up and the subs are just a little over a quarter of the way up. Those ID 8's pound. Thought my truck was going to fall apart at one point. My wife said she could feel the house shake as well.

The CXS comps are mind blowing. Extremely articulate and detailed and smoooooooth. Lots of midbass. Glad I put two layers of Edead 80 on the doors.

In the end, I am glad I did it myself even though it was extremely frustrating and time consuming. I've got better gear and I learned a lot of tricks for next time...

Im already thinking about what to upgrade to next.

Thanks to all that answered my silly questions and helped this noob out.

Cheers!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.